Pre Match Thread

villalad21

Jedinak just back from a long term injury, won't be fit to start the game, no way.

Most likely team:

-------------------Kalinic----------------

Hutton------Elphick--Chester---------Taylor

------Hourihane--McGinn--Bjarnason-------

Adomah-----------Abraham------------Green

If Jedanick plays he will get crocked in the first 20 minutes and be out for another 2 months. 

That is assuming he gets through the warm up which I think is a big assumption. 

I would like to see 4-4-2 with Davis starting. That is not going to happen. What also is not going to happen is a clean sheet, so I am hoping we can outscore them.

Going to be  an emotional amount when Lambert returns and salutes  the Holte End. What times we had with him. The salad days that are a long way away.

12 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Jedinak just back from a long term injury, won't be fit to start the game, no way.

Most likely team:

-------------------Kalinic----------------

Hutton------Elphick--Chester---------Taylor

------Hourihane--McGinn--Bjarnason-------

Adomah-----------Abraham------------Green

Are you kidding me ? Those two should be loaned out to a League 2 club ...... no future for Villa with those two destroying our midfield !!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Paul33 said:

Are you kidding me ? Those two should be loaned out to a League 2 club ...... no future for Villa with those two destroying our midfield !!!

So up-and-comers Whelan and Jedi then?

Edited by sne

43 minutes ago, Paul33 said:

It's the team thats played the last games. I didn't say it's the team i would play, but it's the team i think DS will line up.

this is MUST WIN for dean smith.

the honey moon is over. managers who were appointed at the same time as him have been sacked already (henry)

He can no longer get a free pass because "he supports Villa"

the board have got to show they are cold calm clinical owners who demand success by taking action if we don't get 3 points today.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

this is MUST WIN for dean smith.

the honey moon is over. managers who were appointed at the same time as him have been sacked already (henry)

He can no longer get a free pass because "he supports Villa"

the board have got to show they are cold calm clinical owners who demand success by taking action if we don't get 3 points today.

Dean Smith deserve a pre season and a full season.

If we don't see progress next season he should go imo

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I love  when I see this on VT and Facebook, "we NEED to win this, Honey  moon is over bla bla" 

While I agree AVFC as a club should be in the PL, the I want it now attitude from both fans, managers and owner is exactly the reason we are where we are. We are in purgatory now and we gotta walk it. Sort out our squad, wages, finances, build brick by brick and get a solid foundation and style of play to get promoted with. This will take time and it will involve a lot of losses. If you as fans can't handle the losses and keep pushing for the revolving door of managers, with the notion that a magical manager will appear and satisfy your "we want it now attitude", then we as a club will never get back to where we want to be. 

• Like 4

Its disappointing the players haven't really been responding to all the setbacks since the Swansea win on boxing day. Had a small resurgence to come back last week but this really has to be the one where we hopefully turn a corner. Was really looking forward to this run of games after the 'harder' games but its been another typical Villa car crash of underperforming. If we cant be Lamberks Ipswich we may aswell pack up.

3-1 Villa Please God Damn It

22 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I love  when I see this on VT and Facebook, "we NEED to win this, Honey  moon is over bla bla" 

While I agree AVFC as a club should be in the PL, the I want it now attitude from both fans, managers and owner is exactly the reason we are where we are. We are in purgatory now and we gotta walk it. Sort out our squad, wages, finances, build brick by brick and get a solid foundation and style of play to get promoted with. This will take time and it will involve a lot of losses. If you as fans can't handle the losses and keep pushing for the revolving door of managers, with the notion that a magical manager will appear and satisfy your "we want it now attitude", then we as a club will never get back to where we want to be. 

times have changed clubs that whip through managers sometimes thrive , watford, leeds.

I cant recall in recent times a villa manager being given the boot to early.?

By October / November this year Smiths villa need to be serious pronotiom contenders...whether we have a brick by brick solid foundation wont cut it IMO

• Like 1

It really hasn't. One thing is if you got the wrong manager in from the start, i.e. Bruce who didn't understand that football had moved on from hoofing. But when you got a young'ish manager who understands this, who has shown he's capable at previous jobs, then it's just a case of having patience and implementing continuity. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara
  • Like 1