Divers

Zatman

absolute shameful from England tonight, some of the worst diving I have seen in years and I bet no mention in the media considering Martinez was apparently disrespectful last night.  Kane spent so much time on the ground he must have found so much money

I didn't catch the Sterling incident in real time, but from the replay it looked like a foul for sure. Kane's diving all game was disgraceful though. You can always tell when he's going to dive, he just backs into the defender waiting for the contact. It's so cynical.

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

I didn't catch the Sterling incident in real time, but from the replay it looked like a foul for sure. Kane's diving all game was disgraceful though. You can always tell when he's going to dive, he just backs into the defender waiting for the contact. It's so cynical.

That's how centre forwards have played for decades though?  I think the penalty was just shit refereeing, Sterling was going down a blind alley, the defenders went to block him off, there was a bit of contact, play on.  I think for such a big decision the referee himself should look at it again, not just the VAR guy.

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

That's how centre forwards have played for decades though?  I think the penalty was just shit refereeing, Sterling was going down a blind alley, the defenders went to block him off, there was a bit of contact, play on.  I think for such a big decision the referee himself should look at it again, not just the VAR guy.

I don't see Watkins doing it, or DCL. Braithwaite wasn't doing it etc.

He does it purely to win fouls. He has no intention of playing when he does it. It's not like he feels the contact and then goes down. He goes out of his way to look for contact.

8 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I don't see Watkins doing it, or DCL. Braithwaite wasn't doing it etc.

He does it purely to win fouls. He has no intention of playing when he does it. It's not like he feels the contact and then goes down. He goes out of his way to look for contact.

There have been people who brought it up in the Watkins thread this season.  I don't agree with them, I think the backing in, waiting for contact and going down works for defenders equally as well and has happened for as long as I've watched the game.

17 minutes ago, sne said:

Kane and Sterling are right up there with Fernandes as the worst/best divers in the game.

People will say Grealish does it but he is clipped and is trying to play football. Kane last night was looking for contact first then if none would play the ball

Its getting really silly now and not just for trying to get a penalty or free kick.You see players go down in midfield from an ordinary tackle and you would think they are only inches away from death.FFS grow up.

• 1 year later...
21 minutes ago, Zatman said:

had to go back find this thread, classic from Bruno the other night

Was that actually given?

And if so why wasn't it overturned by VAR? NO contact whatsoever.

28 minutes ago, Zatman said:

It's even worse with commentary

Fofana doesn't seem to complain much about the decision, so maybe he did clip him?

Edited by a-k
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Classic Bruno. 

He should have joined the marines, I’ve never seen anyone survive so many sniper hits. 

Â