Divers

Zatman

I think it should be a yellow card for diving outside the box and a red card inside the box.

Similar to the way handball works with a yellow outside of a scoring opportunity and a red for preventing a goal.

Aren't Walkers owned by Pepsi?

On 14/03/2019 at 12:22, sharkyvilla said:

Hang on, are you saying Walkers crisps engineered Leicester winning the league? :lol:

Yep. And if you think that is bad, you should think more about what is happening with Burnley and Yorkshire Tea. Their sponsorship of football bothers me greatly.

On 14/01/2019 at 10:25, Tomaszk said:

Defenders are much worse at diving in the modern game than forwards.

I went to Walsall-Portsmouth the other night. The Portsmouth right back went down in the second half every time a Walsall player was anywhere near him, and got a free kick every time. HE could've been sent of 3 times over for diving.

On 17/03/2019 at 10:43, kurtsimonw said:

I went to Walsall-Portsmouth the other night. The Portsmouth right back went down in the second half every time a Walsall player was anywhere near him, and got a free kick every time. HE could've been sent of 3 times over for diving.

I hate this. 

Ball going into the corner, full back waits for contact, goes down at the slightest brush, and linesman waves his flag like a man possessed, chuffed that he can give a decision.

It's one of those things in football that has become so routine that people don't even notice it. It's only when you step back and look at it that you think it's really weird.
A bit like goalkeepers hanging onto the ball for 20 seconds. If a newcomer to football watched that knowing there was a "6 second rule" they'd be wondering what was going on.

On 17/03/2019 at 10:43, kurtsimonw said:

I hate this. 

Ball going into the corner, full back waits for contact, goes down at the slightest brush, and linesman waves his flag like a man possessed, chuffed that he can give a decision.

It's one of those things in football that has become so routine that people don't even notice it. It's only when you step back and look at it that you think it's really weird.
A bit like goalkeepers hanging onto the ball for 20 seconds. If a newcomer to football watched that knowing there was a "6 second rule" they'd be wondering what was going on.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, blandy said:

Burnley have got it in the bag?

Tbh, I was drunk when I wrote the Leicester thing, so tried to outdo that with the Burnley and Yorkshire thing (and yes, that was the point)

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Dick said:

Tbh, I was drunk when I wrote the Leicester thing, so tried to outdo that with the Burnley and Yorkshire thing (and yes, that was the point)

I took your crisp thing with a pinch of salt. But there might be something brewing with this Yorkshire Tea thing, for sure.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/01/2019 at 19:31, Shropshire Lad said:

Anyone got a notable example of a dive they always think of?

Can’t post it, but it’s on twitter if you want to see it, Paul Ince being sent off for a player pretending to have been hit by him while playing for Inter is up there for me. Genuinely incredible.

Search for “Paul Ince sent off Italy” if you’re curious.

As I now know how to upload tweets on VT I’ll upload it.

Thinking about it, I’m not even sure it counts as a dive to be honest, more some form of performance art -

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Shropshire Lad said:

As I now know how to upload tweets on VT I’ll upload it.

Thinking about it, I’m not even sure it counts as a dive to be honest, more some form of performance art -

That is absolutely ridiculous. Remember Rivaldo as well. Guy was tearing up the world Cup then acted like a right div. 

• 4 months later...
4 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Harry Kane's dive for the fourth England goal was disgraceful. Kicked the ground and fell over.

One of the worst about, would be highlighted more by the media if he wasnt English

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

One of the worst about, would be highlighted more by the media if he wasnt English

He actually clutched at the leg that he missed the ball with as if he'd been kicked in the knee. Absolutely embarrassing.

Â