Formula One - 2019

BOF

Just now, Jimzk5 said:

Surprisingly grosjean stays at haas with kmag for 2020

Unsurprisingly kubica will not kept on at Williams after this season 

Yeah slightly surprised by the Haas news.  Hopefully Hulkenberg can get Giovinazzi's Alfa seat now.

10 minutes ago, BOF said:

Yeah slightly surprised by the Haas news.  Hopefully Hulkenberg can get Giovinazzi's Alfa seat now.

Apparently giovinazzi is staying at alfa, hulk staying in f1 can only be at Williams really 

2 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

Apparently giovinazzi is staying at alfa, hulk staying in f1 can only be at Williams really

OK well hopefully some big progress for them over the winter so.

Claire Williams coud probably get that car around the track faster than Kubica. I'm all for a bit of sentiment from time to time but it was clear after the first couple of practice sessions that putting a man who can only use 1 arm properly in an f1 car isn't going to get you anywhere other than last by a long way. Complete waste of a season and nobody has come out of this looking good really

Edited by LakotaDakota
  • Like 1

In related news, Formula 2 championship leader and champion elect, Nyck de Vries (24), has signed with Mercedes for Formula E next season.  That gives you some indication of the dearth of F1-ready talent in F2 this season after Russell, Albon & Norris's promotions.

I was looking down the ages of the championship and there are very few drivers under 23 years old in the top 10.  The only ones doing any good are Sergio Sette Camara in the battle for 2nd place (21yo & signed to McLaren) and Renault's Guanyu Zhou (20).  The younger drivers are further down (Schumacher, Mazepin) and may be ready after next season, plus there are some decent drivers in F3 (Shwartzman, Vips, Armstrong) who I would expect to feature in next season's F2 title race.  Poor old Dan Ticktum (remember him?) is currently sitting 17th with a solitary point in the Super Formula series in Japan after being dropped by Red Bull after 3 rounds.

19 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

Claire Williams coud probably get that car around the track faster than Kubica. I'm all for a bit of sentiment from time to time but it was clear after the first couple of practice sessions that putting a man who can only use 1 arm properly in an f1 car isn't going to get you anywhere other than last by a long way. Complete waste of a season and nobody has come out of this looking good really

I thought the same until I saw the actual extent of kubicas injury, I think he deserves huge credit to be doing as well as he has been in a shopping trolley of a Williams, I'd expect him to be named a test driver somewhere soon

Current Williams reserve driver latifi favorite for the Williams drive leaving Hulkenberg is without a drive 

Latifi's record to date is hugely underwhelming.  He has never won anything in the lower formulas and hasn't even come close until this season, in an F2 that currently has a power vacuum.

21 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

Claire Williams is driving that team into the wall. Nepotism yay!

3 hours ago, BOF said:

Latifi's record to date is hugely underwhelming.  He has never won anything in the lower formulas and hasn't even come close until this season, in an F2 that currently has a power vacuum.

He's 24 as well I think

Correa is no longer in an induced coma, although he's still very vulnerable and it's now a race against time to stop irreversible damage to his lower right leg. An operation which couldn't be done while he was in the coma.

On 20/09/2019 at 14:29, BOF said:

5 hours ago, BOF said:

Correa is no longer in an induced coma, although he's still very vulnerable and it's now a race against time to stop irreversible damage to his lower right leg. An operation which couldn't be done while he was in the coma.

Thats good news

Top lap by Leclerc for pole, Leclerc v Hamilton round 2 tomorrow 

I've said it before but David croft on sky is an insufferable bellend, constantly calling Leclerc "the young monagasque", or "shar lecleir". Stop please

• Like 1

So @Tegis & @sne there was quite the close finish in the Indy Pro 2000s last night.  Rasmus Lindh missed out on the title by 2pts and that's 417 v 419pts.  My man Kyle Kirkwood gets the scholarship into Indy Lights for next season.  In reality the title was sewn up in the second to last race, so the close finish wasn't as dramatic as it looks. Kirkwood won 9 races including 7 in a row but Lindh was the epitome of consistency.  I expect they'll see each other again next season for the 3rd season in a row.

f3d3de81766e1154a11b3a2df1deffe5.png

• Like 1

Â