Match Thread:West Brom v Villa

limpid

1 minute ago, trekka said:

We're not looking clinical for sure.  I'm not so sure we'll ship at least three though - we've coped with them (on the whole) not too badly given the horror shows we've seen.  

We need to attack - we have in our ability to destroy them given the right circumstances, and we need to do it early.  ridinghorse.gif

I agree we need to attack. That is our best, almost only, defense. We are fragile at the back, and they're able to come at us. This is the way to beat us.

• Like 1

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

Hutton is twice the right back that Elmohamady is in my opinion. If Elmohamady comes on I'd think it will be for El Ghazi.

Agreed. Football is a team game and that goal isn't on Hutton at all. Not a chance. 

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

Hutton is twice the right back that Elmohamady is in my opinion. If Elmohamady comes on I'd think it will be for El Ghazi.

I agree and Hutton has actually put in a couple of crucial tackles to prevent them getting a good chance as well.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Do we know if El Ghazi was hurt at the end of the half or just sat?

I'd be tempted swap him for Elmo anyway, we are struggling in the RHS

9 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think that with the exception of Taylor's brain fart at the end of the half both full backs have defended well - we really need to get some help to Hutton though - he can go with one man, but he can't take em both.

Yes Hutton has at times been exposed but his positioning and defending were utterly abysmal on their goal.

7 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

It's not. Elmo is a consistent player, you will always get a 7/10 performance out of him.

Hutton do some great stuff but he also do alot of f***ups. It's always been in his game

Elmo is weak as piss and can't tackle, he isn't a full back.

Slightly edged that half and just over hit a couple of passes that would have put us in as well. Abraham is a bit of an Andy Cole in that he needs a few chances to score a goal but the fact that he gets so many chances shows that he has that instinct to get in the right place.

Just now, TrentVilla said:

Yes Hutton has at times been exposed but his positioning and defending were utterly abysmal on their goal.

He's out of position no doubt - I think from where he started he made a decent effort at defending it - the key is not to be in such a bad starting position. Once he is, all he can really do is try to hold the fella up and hope help is coming - he did that to an extent. It wasn't coming.