Flatulence

maqroll

21 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

What's wrong with your bowels?

Every now and then I have to consciously hold a fart in. But it's rare.

I just choose not to fart. Just like I don't spontaneously piss myself every time I have the slightest need to piss.

That'll come with age. Trust me on that.

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

I hated myself for sniggering when my dad told me, it just sounds like something from Home Alone.

Laugh it up, youngster. Your day will come.

(I'm 45 and my day has already come in this regard).

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

My granddad is 92 and has to go for a piddle every hour or so in the night.

The other night he fell on his way to the bathroom and wet himself when he was lying on his vinyl flooring. When he got back up, he slipped on it and fell again. And wet himself again.

I laughed :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Paddywhack said:

This story makes me sad..but it's also kind of funny. I'd say a 80/20 split.

My granddad is 92 and has to go for a piddle every hour or so in the night.

The other night he fell on his way to the bathroom and wet himself when he was lying on his vinyl flooring. When he got back up, he slipped on it and fell again. And wet himself again.

I hated myself for sniggering when my dad told me, it just sounds like something from Home Alone.

So?  

DID HE FART OR NOT PADDY? 

4 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

So?  

DID HE FART OR NOT PADDY? 

I'm sorry, I don't know and I think it would be a strange thing to ask him now to be honest.

However, if pushed, I'd say chances are there was a pump or two in there at some point.

2 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

I'm sorry, I don't know and I think it would be a strange thing to ask him now to be honest.

However, if pushed, I'd say chances are there was a pump or two in there at some point.

Does that mean he was as pissed as a fart? 

I've never understood that. 

Now you go and give your grandpa my best wishes, go on, off you go. 

• Thanks 1

This thread really should pay tribute to Joseph Pujol.

Le Pétomane (/ləˈpɛtəmeɪn/, French pronunciation: [ləpetɔˈman]) was the stage name of the French flatulist (professional farter) and entertainer Joseph Pujol (June 1, 1857 – 1945). He was famous for his remarkable control of the abdominal muscles, which enabled him to seemingly fart at will. His stage name combines the French verb péter, "to fart" with the -mane, "-maniac" suffix, which translates to "fartomaniac". The profession is also referred to as "flatulist", "farteur", or "fartiste".[1]

It is a common misconception that Joseph Pujol actually passed intestinal gas as part of his stage performance. Rather, Pujol was able to "inhale" or move air into his rectum and then control the release of that air with his anal sphincter muscles. Evidence of his ability to control those muscles was seen in the early accounts of demonstrations of his abilities to fellow soldiers...

While serving in the army, he told his fellow soldiers about his special ability, and repeated it for their amusement, sucking up water from a pan into his rectum and then projecting it up to several yards. He found that he could suck in air as well. A baker, Pujol would sometimes entertain his customers by imitating musical instruments, and claim to be playing them behind the counter. Pujol decided to try the stage, and debuted in Marseilles in 1887. When his act was well received, he moved to Paris, where he appeared at the Moulin Rouge in 1892.[citation needed]

Some of the highlights of his stage act involved sound effects of cannon fire and thunderstorms, as well as playing "'O Sole Mio" and "La Marseillaise" on an ocarina through a rubber tube in his anus.[2] He could also blow out a candle from several yards away.[1] His audience included Edward, Prince of Wales; King Leopold II of the Belgians; and Sigmund Freud.[3]

3 hours ago, peterms said:

This thread really should pay tribute to Joseph Pujol.

The late great Leonard Rossiter did this short film on this very subject. I remember seeing it at the cinema sometime in the 70's or early 80's I guess, back in the days when they showed a short before the main movie

1 hour ago, bickster said:

The late great Leonard Rossiter did this short film on this very subject. I remember seeing it at the cinema sometime in the 70's or early 80's I guess, back in the days when they showed a short before the main movie

And on an elegantly relevant note, he was supposed to be an absolute pain in the arse to work with (see what I did there).  A notorious perfectionist.  But yes an absolute great without question.

• Haha 1

I'm not a fan of pharts, and I can eat the hottest curry on earth and not even need an extra visit to the kharsey, let alone phart more.

Yet if I have baked beans or a normal British Sunday dinner, I expel enough air to float the Hindenburg.

Â