January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

4 hours ago, hippo said:

Theres not an awful lot that can be done at medicals. Its just a medical opinion (Micah got through one !)    A friend of mine used to do them but was advised to stop - because of litigation implications - for example if we were going to sign a 25 year old hot shot - for £25m  - but then our doctor no 'He has cartlidge wear in his knees'  - deal collapses - if that player then never gets his dream move that doc could be liable - esp if by age 35 the knees have been fine.

He also also reckons that a player doesn't fail a medical - and that in some cases the scans etc can be used as a bargaining tool.

Wonder how they used to bargain with Paul McGrath's scans, how they bargained with those in the long career he had and how his knobly knees should of given away long before his career had finished.

49 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Wonder how they used to bargain with Paul McGrath's scans, how they bargained with those in the long career he had and how his knobly knees should of given away long before his career had finished.

Think we paid £400k for him. Alex Ferguson said if it werent for injuries you could add another zero to that figure.!

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

Think we paid £400k for him. Alex Ferguson said if it werent for injuries you could add another zero to that figure.!

Yeah I think to us he was worth more than his weight in gold, he was a true player, id settle for him in our defence now, him and Ugo ehiogu.

1 minute ago, Dave-R said:

Yeah I think to us he was worth more than his weight in gold, he was a true player, id settle for him in our defence now, him and Ugo ehiogu.

aaaah the old defensive trio of Barry, Ehiogu & Southgate, good times :P, what a back 3 they were.

10 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

aaaah the old defensive trio of Barry, Ehiogu & Southgate, good times :P, what a back 3 they were.

Indeed, between the three of them they were a force in the premiere, gave alot of the best strikers headaches, a trio that clicked together in no time at all. If only we could find a trio like them again.

Paul McGrath, Earl barrett, Steve Staunton, a trio I liked from 1993.

Edited by Dave-R

12 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Indeed, between the three of them they were a force in the premiere, gave alot of the best strikers headaches, a trio that clicked together in no time at all. If only we could find a trio like them again.

Paul McGrath, Earl barrett, Steve Staunton, a trio I liked from 1993.

and dont forget the man mountain Alan Wright :P

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, hippo said:

Dimitri Cavare ...RB from Barnsley ?

Another right back?

Can't say I know anything about him, but I think that's a position where we're ok at the moment. 

So, right now, we're in for Doukoure, Sawyers, Radojja ,Barbett and Rico Henry if you believe the rumours. Have I missed anyone?

10 minutes ago, johnny from donny said:

So, right now, we're in for Doukoure, Sawyers, Radojja ,Barbett and Rico Henry if you believe the rumours. Have I missed anyone?

Yes Tammy Abraham becoming a permanent villan 😋.

Or a bid for Maupay..

Seriously, I think Chelsea's Ampadu had been mentioned..

Edited by Dave-R

8 minutes ago, johnny from donny said:

Another right back?

Can't say I know anything about him, but I think that's a position where we're ok at the moment. 

can any of them play right back????

we need more RB's, a bit short, all Bruce's fault, if we werent short of right backs we would be in a much better position.

I tend to think the sweet spot would be 4 x RB's in defence, 5 x RB's in midfield, and a LB up front....just to balance the team of course, all good teams need balance after all.

Watching Abraham, i tend to think he should be developed in to a RB, tall (wont be long balling him down their left), strong, quick, good on a front or back post at corners, might even offer some potency up front from corners? what more do we want?

Edited by MaVilla

8 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

can any of them play right back????

we need more RB's, a bit short, all Bruce's fault, if we werent short of right backs we would be in a much better position.

I tend to think the sweet spot would be 4 x RB's in defence, 5 x RB's in midfield, and a LB up front....just to balance the team of course, all good teams need balance after all.

Watching Abraham, i tend to think he should be developed in to a RB, tall (wont be long balling him down their left), strong, quick, good on a front or back post at corners, might even offer some potency up front from corners? what more do we want?

Why not go for a team of RB'S, instant promotion winners.

Edited by Dave-R

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

balance my friend, every team needs balance :P

Balance would happen when the opposition houses a team of RB's as well, 

Serious we need to offload a few of the Brucey boys, is almost as if he was thinking about his playing days at man utd and enjoyed right backs, so he collected them here at villa. Although I'm not sure where he played in defence it almost feels as though it was RB at Manchester united.

14 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

various sources on Twitter (pinch of salt as always) say we are apparently signing Browning from Everton on loan, no idea if with a view to perm transfer. He plays CB and is 24.

Think we will be linked with so many players this month be unbelievable 95% just people wanting attention that they know somthing 

22 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

various sources on Twitter (pinch of salt as always) say we are apparently signing Browning from Everton on loan, no idea if with a view to perm transfer. He plays CB and is 24.

Seems like Everton's Gary Gardner ..hardly played , keeps being sent on loan but recently signed a new deal