January transfer (we need a whole new team) window 2019

sne

2 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I don’t think I’ve ever seen him play but he looks good on that video posted in this thread, a dominant left footed centre back, just what we need

Spoke to wolves fan who rates him very highly. hope we get this one done.

• Thanks 1

WM claiming Smith knows nothing about the bid

Here

BBC WM Sport 95.6

@sportbbcwm

Jack Grealish out of his protective boot but may not be back till Feb. DS not aware of any bid for Kortney Hause - also ‘comfortable’ with Abraham staying in Jan #avfc

3 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Smith said they have identified a number of players but he leaves it to others to make the bids. He didn't say that Hause isn't one that has been identified. I'd imagine there is something in this and it will be concluded in next couple of days.

Where has he said that?

9 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

Smith said they have identified a number of players but he leaves it to others to make the bids. He didn't say that Hause isn't one that has been identified. I'd imagine there is something in this and it will be concluded in next couple of days.

Yep, he was just being political IMO.

Mentioned he doesnt talk about players that belong to other clubs.

Edited by Nigel

13 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

That wasn't the interview I heard on WM. My reading of the interview was that DS said he wouldn't know anything about bids for players. That was for Christian and some other guy who he seemed to refer to by a nickname I didn't understand (presumably Jesus whatever his name is)  Most likley he just didn't want to discuss players who aren't 100% signed - But I didn't hear him say anything about a group of players being identified.

Guy who sits next to me reckons the Spanish midfielder we were linked with a few days back is all but done.

21 minutes ago, hippo said:

That wasn't the interview I heard on WM. My reading of the interview was that DS said he wouldn't know anything about bids for players. That was for Christian and some other guy who he seemed to refer to by a nickname I didn't understand (presumably Jesus whatever his name is)  Most likley he just didn't want to discuss players who aren't 100% signed - But I didn't hear him say anything about a group of players being identified.

Guy who sits next to me reckons the Spanish midfielder we were linked with a few days back is all but done.

On WM he said he doesn’t deal with transfers and bids as he leaves that with Suso (Jesus) and Cristian (Purslow), and therefore couldn’t comment. But he knows a group of players have been discussed and identified, but he wouldn’t comment on them unless actually our player.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

On WM he said he doesn’t deal with transfers and bids as he leaves that with Suso (Jesus) and Cristian (Purslow), and therefore couldn’t comment. But he knows a group of players have been discussed and identified, but he wouldn’t comment on them unless actually our player.

OK - that sounds closer to what I heard 

I remember a few years back Hause and Dominic Iorfa were highly rated at Wolves. Both were getting England under 21 call ups etc.

Just can't understand how Hause has played so few games for Wolves in last 18 months. They play 3 at the back, good passing style so surely he should be a rotation option at least for them? Can understand more this season them thinking he isn't good enough for prem, just not last year.

Bit concerned if we sign him tbh especially as some Wolves fans on their forum thinks they'll be getting 7m. Hardly played so probably another who'll take months to get up to the pace of the game.

54 minutes ago, hippo said:

He probably said "Suso", which is the nickname for Jesus Pitarch.

apologies for asking, but who is "the guy who sits next to you"?, are you both people who have some insight in to possible transfers?

Edited by MaVilla

1 hour ago, markavfc40 said:

That’s how I read it. It certainly wasn’t a denial that he’d been identified as a target, but Deano batted off the question as he doesn’t actually do the negotiating, as you’d expect. Sounded like there’s legs in this one to me. 

5 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

He probably said "Suso", which is the nickname for Jesus Pitarch.

apologies for asking, but who is "the guy who sits next to you"?, are you both people who have some insight in to possible transfers?

Hes never gave me any itk before. He knows people in the hierachy at Brentford. I didnt ask his source. Might be nothing. seems its the serb guy who currently plays for Celta Vigo.

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

With Hause I wonder if we’ll get the necessary planning permission. 

only if we have a free hold on him.

Edited by TRO
  • Haha 2

Hmm just been doing some reading about him. He got into some disaplinary issues in 2017 at the club and he has a interest in music as well as football. Not sure I would like to take tha5 kind of gamble after seeing McCormack