Dean Smith

Demitri_C

30 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I'll be really disappointed if @screwdriver doesn't tell us "I think Smith got it wrong today". 

Crystal balls Mr Mooney 😂

8 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

I thought Smith got it so wrong today.

35 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I'll be really disappointed if @screwdriver doesn't tell us "I think Smith got it wrong today". 

12 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

Picking the defensive minded veteran Glen whelan instead of going on the front foot and including Hourihane was tactical nativity beyond comprehension!

We are at home in front of the biggest crowd the baggies players have ever faced and he drops his guts and goes all John Gregory safety first. This is giving tipton town too much respect. A true villa manager would have gone out all guns blazing.

The amount of corners in the first half we wasted going short when Hourihane would have delivered into the mixer was criminal.

Smith has flouted law number 28 of the 48 laws of power. enter every action with boldness.

Look at the pre match thread.....everyone on there to a man says the same thing. tempo. come out of the blocks on flame!

hes lucky the football gods evened up Jay Rog handball in December with gayle seeing red for two bookable.

Seek and ye shall find ;)

• Haha 1

I would have started Glenn too. He may not get the goals or assists but I genuinely think he is a better passer of the ball and Hourihane as a DM is never a good idea.

Anyway, once it was clear West Brom were happy to concede 90 yards of the pitch it was the correct decision to swap the pair.

That's football.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Jareth said:

When this is your manager - you don't deserve to go up - if Alan Hutton widened his already large eyes and went into management...

Large

I still dont even know his name 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

Picking the defensive minded veteran Glen whelan instead of going on the front foot and including Hourihane was tactical nativity beyond comprehension!

We are at home in front of the biggest crowd the baggies players have ever faced and he drops his guts and goes all John Gregory safety first. This is giving tipton town too much respect. A true villa manager would have gone out all guns blazing.

The amount of corners in the first half we wasted going short when Hourihane would have delivered into the mixer was criminal.

Smith has flouted law number 28 of the 48 laws of power. enter every action with boldness.

Look at the pre match thread.....everyone on there to a man says the same thing. tempo. come out of the blocks on flame!

hes lucky the football gods evened up Jay Rog handball in December with gayle seeing red for two bookable.

I do enjoy your posts.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I would have started Glenn too.  I genuinely think he is a better passer of the ball and Hourihane as a DM is never a good idea.

That's football.

great pass to gayle for the first goal 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Just now, screwdriver said:

great pass to gayle for the first goal 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Watch Villa 5 Forest 5 and you will see why Conor made way today. In an ideal world you get Conor Jack and McGinn all in the team...but you can't. Football isn't that forgiving and sometimes big decisions have to be made.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, screwdriver said:

...was tactical nativity beyond comprehension!

Personally, I love a bit of tactical nativity. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think Smith was right to start Whelan but wrong to not change it at half time when it was clear that Albion were parking the bus. I always wonder why managers are scared to make changes at half time.

Totally agree with you.

However sometimes I also try to put myself in their shoes.

The gravity of the situation and fine margins probably terrifies them.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I dont think we were that bad in 1st half we just didn't have final product

Thats quite a big drawback though. Happened in the last few games ...we seem to run out of ideas at the opposition penalty area.

3 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Watch Villa 5 Forest 5 and you will see why Conor made way today. In an ideal world you get Conor Jack and McGinn all in the team...but you can't. Football isn't that forgiving and sometimes big decisions have to be made.

horses for courses. Baggies at home full house roaring you forward and opposition with pensioner Brunt in centre mid with his zimmer frame, and you go with Whelan? ridiculous decision.

Hourihane was a shoe in.

Smith should come out and say he got it wrong.

Just now, hippo said:

Thats quite a big drawback though. Happened in the last few games ...we seem to run out of ideas at the opposition penalty area.

When teams put everybody behind ball its hard to break down regardless of talent. 

• Like 1

Just now, screwdriver said:

horses for courses. Baggies at home full house roaring you forward and opposition with pensioner Brunt in centre mid with his zimmer frame, and you go with Whelan? ridiculous decision.

Hourihane was a shoe in.

Smith should come out and say he got it wrong.

So the guy who is a professional football manager should come out and say he got it wrong because a total nobody like you disagrees with the decision that he made? Okie doke 👍 

• Haha 1

One thing I noticed in recent weeks many Villa teams before were weak and never complained about bad decisions.. Now with Jack, Mings, Whelan, Hourihane, Tammy even Taylor they always in ref face arguing

I like to think Deano passion is effecting others though also praise for Terry he was one of the best at it with ref decisions

• Like 1

Â