Barry Town SC

Heart of the Holte

BBC Radio 6

Alabama 3

Sam Carter (folk musician)

Spillers Records

Hogso (of this parish)

and a bunch of local mates, mostly local football and politics related

I am a bloke of regular and simple tastes. Been on there 7 years, only follow less than 200 accounts in total. Use it mostly for the direct message facility getting local football stuff planned and queues jumped.

Just now, mjmooney said:

Don't follow anybody.

I have a Twitter account, but I never use it. I genuinely don't see the point of it. Facebook does everything Twitter does, and more. 

Yeah, opposite for me. In the last couple of months I've got my first ever facebook account and can't see what the big deal is. I keep forgetting to bother to log in. So I just use the messenger app to talk to my nippers who don't really do old school phone texting. It's not giving me anything twitter doesn't, but the FB layout is a clunky mess, whereas twitter is clean and direct. 

I guess it depends on where the momentum of people with similar interests are. For me, talking to the record shop, the printers, the local restaurant, local councillors, football mates etc., they've all adopted twitter as a main communication route. So I've gravitated there.

Little gang of us going to a gig this evening that's all been arranged via twitter. 

I guess the trick with either platform is having like minded people or groups on there and understanding how to use it.

Neither is a good substitute for a face to face catch up.

Yeah, fair point. I tend to use WhatsApp for the social organisation. It's true that the FB layout is crap (used to be OK, but they keep tinkering and making it worse), but almost everyone in my family and friends uses it, so adding Twitter to the social media scrum would just be (literally) a waste of time. 

Also, I have a pathological hatred of the actual words "Twitter" and "Tweet". Cringeworthy. 

I've control 4 Twitter accounts, three of them are work-related plus my own which I've really only just started using with any great regularity and rarely post much at all, I use it for keeping an eye on politics and music and I'm determined it won't cross-pollinate with the work stuff. I essentially think Social Media, in general, is currently the devil's work and the negatives on any platform outweigh the positives. I'm also on Reddit but again mainly lurk. My FB posting has decreased dramatically

I try to take from it what I want and give as little as possible back to the platforms

My favourite Social Media, where I interact the most is VT and it is better and been around longer than any of the others

There are far less braindead imbeciles and trolls on VT

Just now, The_Rev said:

How would you find out, I've had my Twitter account for almost 11 years and I'll be buggered if I can remember. 

Scroll down your following list.

They are listed in order of when you started following.

Mine were: 

LCD Soundsystem

Kanye West

AVFC

Lebron James 

Zlatan

I'm pretty sure I followed Rate Real Amatuers 1st, but I think Twitter took that account down ?

That's presuming you didn't unfollow anybody ever, right?  As it stands: 

Aston Villa, and a load of old videogame journalists who you've almost certainly never heard of, most of which have moved onto different careers.  I guess I need to have another purge.    @ShawnElliott is still totally worth following though. 

4 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Who are yours?

Friend

Friend's old band

Heart of the Holte

Liliana Segura

Matt Taibbi

History Pics

Edward Snowden

Jeremy Scahill

Glenn Greenwald

Ian Taylor

Edited by maqroll
  • Like 1

Memory is hazy, so the first 10 might be a struggle, but I do recall following:

Aston Villa Official 

Matt Kendrick 

Birmingham Mail Villa News

England Cricket Board

Warwickshire CCC 

Ian Taylor 

Few mates too. 

12 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Don't follow anybody.

I have a Twitter account, but I never use it. I genuinely don't see the point of it. Facebook does everything Twitter does, and more. 

Complete opposite. Use Twitter all day. Deleted Facebook. Twitter is better for getting instant news without all the social bullishit reading stuff you don't care about.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Complete opposite. Use Twitter all day. Deleted Facebook. Twitter is better for getting instant news without all the social bullishit reading stuff you don't care about.

I don't want instant news. I check the BBC news app first thing in the morning, and watch the 6.00 pm TV bulletin. 

Everything else is covered by VillaTalk. 

I don't do Twitter but the wife does, so I got her to follow Lindsey Buckingham. He still owes us a concert for cancelling at Symphony Hall in 2012.

Â