Match Thread: Villa v Wigan

limpid

Just now, mjmooney said:

I could forgive Jedi being played as a CB, if there was no other choice. 

But there's a CB playing at RB...

Exactly and even if there wasn't a CB playing at RB we also have Elphick who while not great is better than Jedi at CB. 

• Like 2

So **** stupid. Exactly what he did against Sheffield United. Bruce is so **** negative. Just play Tuanzebe at CB and Elmo RB.

Jedinak at fault too, such a bad pass. Absolute **** donkey. His passing is woeful for a centre mid, absolutely woeful 

Just now, jacketspuds said:

Is Tuanzebe actually a CB? If he is, I have no idea why we are playing him at RB when we have Elmohamady available and Adomah on the bench.

Yes he is. He can fill in at right back if need be, but as you can see from his lack of offensive play, he is not a right back by trade. 

• Like 1

You can definitely blame a professional footballer for not being capable of weighting a simple back pass properly whilst also acknowledging that he shouldn't be playing there anyway.

It's more Bruce's fault if Jedinak gets caught out of position due to not being comfortable at CB, not when he can't manage to do something you'd expect of literally every player on the pitch regardless of where they play.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Indigo said:

You can definitely blame a professional footballer for not being capable of weighting a simple back pass properly whilst also acknowledging that he shouldn't be playing there anyway.

It's more Bruce's fault if Jedinak gets caught out of position due to not being comfortable at CB, not when he can't manage to do something you'd expect of literally every player on the pitch regardless of where they play.

Fair post 

Just now, abdulaziz1 said:

Just put Adomah instead of Jedinak and things would hopefully go well.

Strange tactics, Tuanzebe seem good in high balls so I think we don’t need Jedinak at CB this game.

Excuse me but bringing on an attacking player for a defensive player would give Bruce a heart attack. Please keep these silly ideas to yourself.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

Not really sure of the point.

Although I understand that everything bad is purely, 100% down to Bruce - so maybe that's it.

The point is that for some reason, Bruce has decided to play Jedinak at CB. Jedinak has consistently proven that he is shit at CB, whilst proving that he is pretty good at DM. For some reason, with two other CB's at the club, he has decided to play Jedinak at CB, and push out our newly re-signed CB to play at RB whilst we have 487 RB's at the club, one of whom is currently playing at LB. 

Jedinak has so far had two fairly predictable howlers, one of which has cost a goal. I think that the point people are trying to make is that Jedinak should not be playing at CB, and since Bruce decided to move all the pieces around and play him there, he is responsible for the results of doing so. 

Does this make it clear for you?

• Like 1

James Chester quite clearly prefers, and will get first dibs, at playing right-of-centre at the back.  Alan Hutton has established himself as our first choice left-back, generally.

Personally, I wouldn't chuck Tuanzebe to left-of-centre defence - he is entirely right footed and doesn't bother bringing the ball inside at all (rightly so).  El Mohammady is more than capable as a wing back but looks suspect defensively at right back.  The only thing that should have probably happened is that Elphick retained his place over Jedinak - but people weren't happy with him last game either.  Shrug.

• Like 1

Just now, TheStagMan said:

The point is that for some reason, Bruce has decided to play Jedinak at CB. Jedinak has consistently proven that he is shit at CB, whilst proving that he is pretty good at DM. For some reason, with two other CB's at the club, he has decided to play Jedinak at CB, and push out our newly re-signed CB to play at RB whilst we have 487 RB's at the club, one of whom is currently playing at LB. 

Jedinak has so far had two fairly predictable howlers, one of which has cost a goal. I think that the point people are trying to make is that Jedinak should not be playing at CB, and since Bruce decided to move all the pieces around and play him there, he is responsible for the results of doing so. 

So Jedinak playing at CB means he is no longer capable of kicking a football properly.

Yep, loud and clear.

4 minutes ago, abdulaziz1 said:

Just put Adomah instead of Jedinak and things would hopefully go well.

Strange tactics, Tuanzebe seem good in high balls so I think we don’t need Jedinak at CB this game.

I don't think Adomah is any good at CB

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

So Jedinak playing at CB means he is no longer capable of kicking a football properly.

Yep, loud and clear.

He has NEVER shown any ability to pick a pass whilst under pressure in defence.  So should not be played there. 

Not sure why this is so difficult to understand. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

Boom.