Football Manager 2019

Villaphan04

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Got Eastleigh promoted. Can still only sign awful freebies. Economy shattered.  This will be hard to survive. 

Tell me about it. Currently in league one with Kidderminster. I'm going to be promoted and i'm dreading it. So far i've got by with frees and really cheap regen buys. I'm just not getting enough money to spend, so trying to survive in the championship is going to be real tough.

3 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

Bought the switch version as I don't have a good pc at all. Actually pretty good, but I always struggle with tactics so if anyone has any tips on how to play nice attacking football that would awesome. 🙂

It's actually quite a good version of the game. Some annoying bits, but I'm enjoying it. I'm top of the league with Exeter in November, I might be some help!

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Dick said:

It's actually quite a good version of the game. Some annoying bits, but I'm enjoying it. I'm top of the league with Exeter in November, I might be some help!

Nice. Any advise is more than welcome.

My big frustration so far is the astronomic prices that I seem to get quoted when trying to sign anyone, although I don't know if that's a deadline day thing in particular.

end of the 3rd season with inter, sold akanji for £80m, ndombele for £75m (what a player he is, in 2 seasons he had 43 goals from central midfield) brozovic for £15m to china, couldnt get anyone to match the £100m i wanted for skriniar whatever his name is so still got him for the time being, same with coman who i wanted £60m for, both unhappy

so now the rebuild with alllll that money.....cant buy anyone....biggest problem is the keeper retired, i've now got a 16 year old and 19 year 5 star rated potential regen to pick from, think i signed 9 players, all regens, tried and failed to get 2 barca really good ones with decent buy out figures but then barca offered more money, struggling with the 2 non EU restriction

scouting spains U19 league and targeting the buy out clauses could work though

• Like 1

I started a game unemployed and took over Chrobry in division 2 of Poland whilst they were in a relegation battle. Managed to keep them up. Season after managed to walk the league only losing 1 game and got promoted to the Polish first division. 

Now I feel a bit stuck. Finished 6th, but can barely score goals, got no money, my players are shit compared to others. 

Think it's time for a move to England.

Also, they have VAR in the Polish first division in this game and it's **** annoying. I swear soooo many goals get disallowed now.

Edited by PieFacE

Ok. After getting promoted to sky 2 or whatever it's called I have actually won the first 5/6 matches and topping the table. Funnily enough I've got negative goal difference. My first team is quite decent, but there's **** all squad depth. Just had to rest my best three players, knew I would lose, so decided to rest everyone and had 11 amateurs replace the squad. Lost 6-1 haha. 

So far I am just signing freebies where the approach is to take as many as I can find that looks half decent and give them trials. But what pisses me off is how other clubs bid on them and when I offer contract they ask for stupid wages. Just had an 18 year old who were supposed to be squad cover ask for 50 k p/w cause he had talks with Barnet as well. I offered til 35 k, he renegged to 41 and I made a 37 non-nego offer. He accepted, then signed for Barnet at 33 k p/w. Makes no **** sense. 

• Like 1

Can anyone reccomend the best striker to use with Villa?

I'm playing 4-2-3-1 with Grealish in behind the striker. Abraham just isn't scoring (on about 7 goals), Kodjia is just back to full fitness but also isn't doing it...

Still top of the league as the midfielders are banging them in, Adomah is on fire. Just annoying that I haven't got a striker scoring and regularly getting 6.4 ratings.

2 hours ago, Daniel said:

Strikers not scoring seems to be the theme of this years FM. I've had some of the best strikers go 5-6 games without a goal.

Can't see a problem with that. So far my main gripe with the engine is midfielders not applying pressure and taking the ball. So often they just run next to the player advancing. At the moment that happens I know I am about to concede. Just stupid. 

Haven't posted about FM for a while, my main save this year is Sparta Rotterdam. Been looking at them for a couple years or so and really enjoying it, quick recap -

2018/19: Eerste Divisie - 1st (Promoted)
2019/20: Eredivisie - 11th
2020/21: Eredivisie - 4th
2021/22: Eredivisie - 1st 
2022/23: Eredivisie - 2nd (Dutch Cup and Dutch Super Cup)

Started off 2023/24 by winning the Dutch Super Cup again and this is how the table currently looks -
f802d3ee5964c958ad9d25bdc39dddcb.png

Having a right battle with Feyenoord which I'm actually quite enjoying. With them being the big team in the city it's fun trying to overtake them, had something similar with Paris FC on FM16, up against PSG of course, which become my favourite FM save ever. Qualified from my CL group for the first time this season but have been drawn against Liverpool in the next round who will probably destroy me. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, wilko154 said:

Can anyone reccomend the best striker to use with Villa?

I'm playing 4-2-3-1 with Grealish in behind the striker. Abraham just isn't scoring (on about 7 goals), Kodjia is just back to full fitness but also isn't doing it...

Still top of the league as the midfielders are banging them in, Adomah is on fire. Just annoying that I haven't got a striker scoring and regularly getting 6.4 ratings.

tammy did the business for me when i was in the championship...RHM is now a regular for me in the PL and gets goals. i'm in my 4th season

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Daniel said:

Strikers not scoring seems to be the theme of this years FM. I've had some of the best strikers go 5-6 games without a goal.

Same. Scoring for fun then goes and gets a 5 game average of 6.4 without a goal.

4 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Same. Scoring for fun then goes and gets a 5 game average of 6.4 without a goal.

It's how the game stops you winning. I got banned from the SI forums for suggesting there are moments in the game which are scripted. On a winning run and suddenly things happen, and there is a pattern to it. You can predict when the opposition will score, weird things like a sliding tackle from your own player which puts them through on goal, and of course, weird loss of form for a player who suddenly looks like he has never played football before.

I'm currently (at 19:33) 4-0 up at home in the 33rd min. The opposition can't string two passes together and are all over the place. By fill time they will have scored at least 2 goals.

If I'm losing 4-0, it does that thing where the clock goes down really fast with no action. No matter what I do with tactics and subs.

Edited by Dick
  • Like 1

Â