Football Manager 2019

Villaphan04

Great game, always has been and I suppose always will be.

A few old habbits die hard as mentioned - ripped off trying to buy players and even selling your own, players loosing form etc.

Maybe they could develop a patch to accommodate for such continuous flaws. :)

Player valuation does my head in. Even for absolute dogshit youths you are taken to the cleaners.

And btw. is there a way to stop my DOF signing players for my U23? I've got a 3 million quid budget and my DOF signed an utter shite U23 CM for £ 900 k. Made me livid. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

2 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

Player valuation does my head in. Even for absolute dogshit youths you are taken to the cleaners.

And btw. is there a way to stop my DOF signing players for my U23? I've got a 3 million quid budget and my DOF signed an utter shite U23 CM for £ 900 k. Made me livid. 

in the staff responsibilities i think? i thought you always had the final option to confirm/reject the transfer, but i might be wrong as i always bin off the DOF as soon as i can

9 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Great game, always has been and I suppose always will be.

A few old habbits die hard as mentioned - ripped off trying to buy players and even selling your own, players loosing form etc.

Maybe they could develop a patch to accommodate for such continuous flaws. :)

computer AI buying shite regens and me mopping up all the world class ones was the big one for me, 5/6 years in to the game when you hit the top no one will ever knock you off because of their weak scouting and transfer policy

• 2 weeks later...

How do you play it? I normally start one save for each team I like. But this is the first time I've started a "manager save" where I intend to just go where the offers are. 

Just a shame there isn't a financial side where you can see your wages etc. accumulate haha. 

On 08/11/2018 at 17:51, Dick said:

This game is still weird with transfers. When I got promoted I bought Butland for 20m, in Jan, Man City offer 14.5m and won't let me negotiate. Butland gets pissed that I rejected it, questions me and I say the finances weren't enough. He keeps asking me what I will accept, and gets pissed when I suggest 40m, 35m, and 30m. 

This game. Right?

Anyway, I - just to see - bid 5m for an 18-year-old Man City keeper in the reserves, they come back saying they want 100m.

?

It has been broken for a long time.

Reserve youth players who are 17th choice in their position, contract up in 6 months and never going to be renewed. Valued at £100k, you're a lower league club who will take them off their hands for them a nominal fee.

£1.5m please.

20% sell on clause.

• Like 3

On 08/11/2018 at 17:51, Dick said:

This game is still weird with transfers. When I got promoted I bought Butland for 20m, in Jan, Man City offer 14.5m and won't let me negotiate. Butland gets pissed that I rejected it, questions me and I say the finances weren't enough. He keeps asking me what I will accept, and gets pissed when I suggest 40m, 35m, and 30m. 

This game. Right?

Anyway, I - just to see - bid 5m for an 18-year-old Man City keeper in the reserves, they come back saying they want 100m.

?

Still the same crap then as fm 18, I will definitely give this a miss as was the main thing that put me off the last one.

• Like 1

I bought FM18 last year and after a few days went back to FM17

Yesterday I bought FM19 thinking they would have solved most of the issues. It's by far the worst game i've ever played. My FM days are over.

Started off a career unemployed and got a job with Hemel Hempstead, won our first 4 games nice and easy. Since then I've lost or drawn 10 games, even when drawing games I concede at least 3. The last game I played I was 3-0 up with 70% possesion, drew 3-3 with a 95th minute equaliser.

Every goal they score is a lump forward, my centre backs stand completely still midway up the pitch (no offside trap and no high line) and the striker runs through and knocks it in.

Wish I hadn't bothered spending the £30

I think it's a great game. But I agree with the player valuations and trying to make deals. It's bonkers. I offered a nothing club in portugal £ 55 million for a completely unknown youth player. Was declined and said to bump it to 100 something with 40% sell on. This was after the initial bidding started at £ 2.5 million. 

• 2 weeks later...

I bought this for the Switch last week.

It's the first FM I've enjoyed in about 4 years because I can actually get my team playing well, scoring and winning; albeit more through luck than judgement.

I've got Villa to second in the league at Christmas and in the Semi Finals of the league Cup, knocking Liverpool out in the Quarters.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

This games driving me mad.

I always used to like build a team on the cheap with young talents plucked from obscurity while selling my established stars.

Only you get quoted £50m for kids and can’t get a decent price for any player when you sell them. Oh and if a player is transfer listed you can’t negotiate the price.

So stupid.

• Like 4

On 27/12/2018 at 19:15, TrentVilla said:

I always used to like build a team on the cheap with young talents plucked from obscurity while selling my established stars.

Only you get quoted £50m for kids and can’t get a decent price for any player when you sell them. Oh and if a player is transfer listed you can’t negotiate the price.

So stupid.

That winds me up, because I get offers of 250,000 for my youth!

On 27/12/2018 at 19:15, TrentVilla said:

So stupid.

Totally agree. I've managed to put together a fairly decent Villa squad in the Prem, but it's made up of players that were transfer listed or ones whose contracts were expiring.

So I don't really feel like I built my squad, I've just signed whoever was available and I've put together a team of other bigger club's rejects.

There's not much incentive to go scouting for gems, because there's no chance of getting them.

19 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

Totally agree. I've managed to put together a fairly decent Villa squad in the Prem, but it's made up of players that were transfer listed or ones whose contracts were expiring.

So I don't really feel like I built my squad, I've just signed whoever was available and I've put together a team of other bigger club's rejects.

There's not much incentive to go scouting for gems, because there's no chance of getting them.

I pretty much only sign transfer listed players or free's for this reason. Its frustrating though that you can't haggle on a fee for a listed player but you never get offers for players at the price they are listed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

I pretty much only sign transfer listed players or free's for this reason. Its frustrating though that you can't haggle on a fee for a listed player but you never get offers for players at the price they are listed.

That's why i dont play these new versions anymore

It's crap. The older games were much better when you didn't have this issue

Â