Football Manager 2019

Villaphan04

I had an opposition score 3 goals in 5minutes to draw 4-4 on this save. Prior they’d had 1 shot on target, 3 shots in total, 37% possession. I had a man sent off (straight red) on 88mins, then they scored the pen to make it 4-2. 91mins 4-3, 93mins and final kick of the game a screamer from 30 yards. 

Dodge.

31 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

I had an opposition score 3 goals in 5minutes to draw 4-4 on this save. Prior they’d had 1 shot on target, 3 shots in total, 37% possession. I had a man sent off (straight red) on 88mins, then they scored the pen to make it 4-2. 91mins 4-3, 93mins and final kick of the game a screamer from 30 yards. 

Dodge.

Yeah, that's what the game does. Teams go from Clark Kent to Superman in an instant.

Looks like I am not getting the play offs with Eastleigh in Sky 2. My economy is absolutely **** as well, despite only signing freebies. 

I must say two things about the match engine does my head in. Firstly the amount of goals I concede on the back post. Every time I see the cross going to a run on the back post I know it's a goal.

Secondly, while I know I am Eastleigh and the keepers I can get are utter shit, the amount of weak ass shots that lead to goals is just absurd. 

• Like 1

Another thing that frustrates the bejeesus out of me, is penalties. I had a bloke who had 8 in penalty taking. Must have taken 10 of them, never missed. Signed  a new striker, my best one so far. He has 22 goals this season. He has 16 or something in penalties. By far my best penalty taker on paper. Yet he has missed 4/6 penalties this season. Just bonkers. 

I'm in one of those phases now, 2 shots per game max, other team gets a goal within 5 minutes and no matter what I do, I can't get attacks going. Happened as soon as I won a game 6-0, the game punishes me.

On 25/01/2019 at 19:24, Dick said:

His contract runs out in 3 months.

This game 😭😂

The most fun aspect of this game has always been (for me) wheeling and dealing, getting bargains and improving them and selling them on.

They have gone out of there way to stop any wheeling and dealing.

I've played 4-3-2-1 and 451 with both Roma and Villa so far, and now I am playing 433 with Eastleigh. My impression is that any tactic with wingers > 433. 433 seems a total handicap as the game just punishes you wide and you gain nothing from playing with 3 vs 1 striker. Rather annoying. Gonna switch to 451 with Eastleigh now. 

On 26/01/2019 at 10:46, KenjiOgiwara said:

Secondly, while I know I am Eastleigh and the keepers I can get are utter shit, the amount of weak ass shots that lead to goals is just absurd. 

Sounds like the collection of keepers Villa has! 

• Haha 1

On 25/01/2019 at 19:30, Dick said:

It's how the game stops you winning. I got banned from the SI forums for suggesting there are moments in the game which are scripted. On a winning run and suddenly things happen, and there is a pattern to it. You can predict when the opposition will score, weird things like a sliding tackle from your own player which puts them through on goal, and of course, weird loss of form for a player who suddenly looks like he has never played football before.

I'm currently (at 19:33) 4-0 up at home in the 33rd min. The opposition can't string two passes together and are all over the place. By fill time they will have scored at least 2 goals.

If I'm losing 4-0, it does that thing where the clock goes down really fast with no action. No matter what I do with tactics and subs.

yeah i've noticed that - teams always find their way back into the game against me but if i go 3/4 down i'll lose 6-0 and wont even have a sniff of recovery

that being said, i'm about to win the league with villa in 2022...went 2pts clear before i had to go to stupid work with just huddersfield at home to get through last game

That's been happening ever since Champ Man was a thing.

I remember having a save back on Champ Man 01/02. I was managing Man Utd and had played a few seasons so the game was just ridiculous. My team was embarrassingly good.

But if I ever went 4 or 5 up too early, you could guarantee the opposition would score a goal or two.

PnjHSfA.png

First season in the Championship and i don't know how, but i'm killing it. I think if i do get promoted then the Premier league might be a bit too much.

Just take a look at Man City's current team. No way i'd compete against that.

hK1Wm1D.png

Any tips on how to stop getting absolutely destroyed 6-0, 7-0, 8-0 by the top teams?

I'm mid-table in the Premier League with Villa and I've been picking up results from teams around me, but if I'm playing City, Utd, Liverool, Chelsea, etc, I know before we've kicked off that I'm about to get embarrassed. I don't mind losing but I'd like to keep the score down.

I've tried parking the bus, counter-attacking and going all out attack, I've tried pressing and standing off, I've tried chucking on 2 DMs, short passing, direct. Doesn't matter, I'm 5-0 down at half time.

Been sick, i.e. playing all day. Switched tactics, signed two very good freebies. Got promoted. Then a takeover happened.  Now in playoff contention sky one. My new players however only signed for me with very low release clauses. I've tried to give new contracts to sort that out, but they flat out refused. Asked the board for more money, got no. So now I lost my best players in the January window, no way to replace them. No loans available, no money. And I had to sell these players basically for half their value. I am pissed. 

New owner is a fecking cheap bastard as well. 

Â