Football Manager 2019

Villaphan04

I use my assistant manager for that most of the times. If they're losing/drawing at half time, ill go assertive/aggressive "not happy with performance". Try and get an assistant manager with good motivating attributes. I also let him do interviews and tunnel interviews. If you're talking about communicating with unhappy players with contract issues and such, then yeah, that can be a guessing game with how they can react.

I just want to get on watching and managing the games as the interviews/player interaction side of things is something that needs looking at.

Edited by Daniel
  • Like 1

I sold grealish to Leicester for £16m. He's ok , but Jaden sancho was available for £20m, so no brainer to make the swap. Also managed to sneak 50% on next transfer on grealish deal. With the amount some of these players are getting bought for, this years game is worth trying to add that clause into every transfer you can. Easy money.

Edited by Daniel

43 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Well, January rolls round and Chelsea have bid £9m for Grealish. I reject, he's thrown his toys out the pram and put in a transfer request.

It begins.

Bid for a crap player in their under 23s and you'll be told £400bn and no less.

The transfer system on FM is absolute dogshit.

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Well, January rolls round and Chelsea have bid £9m for Grealish. I reject, he's thrown his toys out the pram and put in a transfer request.

It begins.

start touting him out for large fees mate - they go up to 12m then the board will accept on your behalf. they did for me anyway

22 hours ago, PieFacE said:

I don't understand how you're all so good on this game. I suck.

I hate communicating with my players too, they react it completely different ways I expect normal humans too. 

signed nathan ake once i got promoted as easily my highest paid player on c.£55k p/w. 3 months into the season he wants a new contract. i said he had plenty of time left and he threw his toys out of the pram. into my 3rd season and he's still pissed off. whilst i cant claim to know the true mentalities of football players, surely this is unrealistic

24 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

start touting him out for large fees mate - they go up to 12m then the board will accept on your behalf. they did for me anyway

I negotiated 18m with a 30% sell on clause and 3m after 5 international appearances. He got injured their first game XD

James Bree was next, Newcastle brought him for 10m and 30% sell on after his head was turned. Managed to get Nathanial Clyne on loan til the end of the season as a replacement so happy days. Also loaned Divock Oriji who's out of contract the end of the season, so hoping he'll play well and I can grab him when I'm promoted.

Trying to play Eastleigh up to the PL atm. Just started, but the fixture list in Vanaranama (or something), is **** stupid. I have a 10 day break, then I get a cup match, then 2 days later I get a league matches. Impossible to keep players fit. 

On 07/01/2019 at 13:02, tomav84 said:

you realise how much villa hemorrhage money dont you. started a game with 25m in the bank thinking "ooh that's nice", come jan i'm 10m in the red! my board let jack go for 12.5m on deadline day without me being able to intervene. i'm not happy...but still 5th

He has gone to Leeds for 8million in my game

On 18/01/2019 at 12:05, Dante_Lockhart said:

I negotiated 18m with a 30% sell on clause and 3m after 5 international appearances. He got injured their first game XD

James Bree was next, Newcastle brought him for 10m and 30% sell on after his head was turned. Managed to get Nathanial Clyne on loan til the end of the season as a replacement so happy days. Also loaned Divock Oriji who's out of contract the end of the season, so hoping he'll play well and I can grab him when I'm promoted.

bree is one of the few from the original squad i have and is looking promising. wages aren't too much either

21 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

bree is one of the few from the original squad i have and is looking promising. wages aren't too much either

Yeah I had high hopes. Unfortunately he wanted a move to a 'bigger' club (i.e. Premier League club). Got the future fee clause in though. That will be standard on all sales.

Think I will finish my first season with Eastleigh tonight. Looks like I will scrape the playoffs. Not sure how the club can survive without a promotion though. I started with £1 k transfer budget, have made about £50 k in cups, only signed 5-7 freebies, yet I am £ 200 k in the red. 

Edited by KenjiOgiwara

There are a few aspects of starting a game way down with clubs like Eastleigh that's very weird. You basically have to build everything. While that's kinda cool in itself, I wonder atm. whether for instance spending money on sending coaches on new coaching lisences is money well spent. Won't they just get poached by other club, thus it's a waste of money?

Kind of annoying with 33-34 years old being your biggest earners and you transfer list them, drop them and they refuse to join clubs and want to "see out their contract", and after you then demote them to the U23 they throw a massive fit.

1 hour ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

There are a few aspects of starting a game way down with clubs like Eastleigh that's very weird. You basically have to build everything. While that's kinda cool in itself, I wonder atm. whether for instance spending money on sending coaches on new coaching lisences is money well spent. Won't they just get poached by other club, thus it's a waste of money?

Kind of annoying with 33-34 years old being your biggest earners and you transfer list them, drop them and they refuse to join clubs and want to "see out their contract", and after you then demote them to the U23 they throw a massive fit.

i did it with poole on the last game and it is really satisfying...you need a lot of luck along the way though. i wouldn't have made it without 2 or 3 very lucrative cup draws

Â