John McGinn

PompeyVillan

Last year I would probably be angry at this news but absolutely bounced back under Unai. It also shows why managers love him because his attitude

Under Smith I think he was asked to be more box to box then under clearing in the woods he would cut in and try shitty crossfield passes and play as a false full back and now under Unai he has matured and developed plus more disciplined. He follows instructions well even if they are useless

• Like 1

Excellent news.  Half was to legend status.

I love than none of our players are being linked to bio#ig money moves away.  In years gone by after the season we have had there would ne constant press speculation about big clubs coming in for our best players around now, but there is nothing.  Radio silence.

1 hour ago, Tom13 said:

Jed Steer 🤣

41 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Jed Steer

I wouldn't count Jed as he technically hasn't been at the club, being out on loan multiple times 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Disappointed with AVFC official, with all the videos and stats on goals and assists, there is zero vid or stats on his majestic arse roll.

On a more serious note, his goal against Chelsea this year is just so underrated. timing, the weight and accruacy of Jacob's pass, and that finish. Anything less Kepa would have had a finger to it

On 23/06/2023 at 13:38, juanpablosaliceband said:

I think 2027 is a bit long. He’s had a great second half to the season but he was very inconsistent before that and looked off the pace. Four more years is a big commitment by the club. 

It’s also a big commitment from SJM.  If he stays that long, he will have given by far the greater part of his career to Villa.  Also, 4 years, from the club’s point of view, is really there to ensure they can get a decent fee for him after 2 years, should both the club and SJM decide to call it a day.  SJM had 2 years on his contract anyway, and this ensures he wouldn’t, in that eventuality, leave for nothing.  Again, it’s a big commitment from John. 

Â