John McGinn

PompeyVillan

Just dreadful. Telegraphs every pass.... literally, taking an age to send it. It's like watching someone pass in morse code. Looks overweight and has the temperament of a hippo with the speed of a snail. I used to call Trez the headless chicken, but McGinn has stolen the mantle. Thieving a living for real. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Looks like a player that has no idea what he should be doing or what his best attributes are. I know he wasn't great pre-Gerrard, but he would at least get involved. 

Seems like a player with an identity crisis. Gerrard destroyed whatever confidence he had. 

Just now, PieFacE said:

Looks like a player that has no idea what he should be doing or what his best attributes are. I know he wasn't great pre-Gerrard, but he would at least get involved. 

Seems like a player with an identity crisis. Gerrard destroyed whatever confidence he had. 

Spot on. There used to be a confidence in there at least taking people on.

Everything's moving way too fast for him now. Time to call it for him I think.

I feel for McGinn. His Villa career is sadly slipping away.

Only hope is that he has a good six weeks training with Emery and comes back in the New Year refreshed.

So sad seeing performances like tonight and it’s been like this for a couple of seasons now. 

12 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Has been consistently poor for nearly 2 years now, he is not improving or getting better so its not just a dip in form

Yeah but there's something up with his fitness. It's bizarre. He looks like he needs to go on a diet. I'm not saying he'd be a world beater, but he could definitely be better than he is at the moment. Something's gone wrong.

15 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Just dreadful. Telegraphs every pass.... literally, taking an age to send it. It's like watching someone pass in morse code. Looks overweight and has the temperament of a hippo with the speed of a snail. I used to call Trez the headless chicken, but McGinn has stolen the mantle. Thieving a living for real. 

summed it up perfectly, 

Â