Demitri_C

Bruce In or Out?  

255 members have voted

1. 1. Steve Bruce In or Out?

• In
    • Out
    • On the fence

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 25/07/18 at 18:38

7 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Henry is too much of a risk at this stage imo. Would work better if/when we're back in prem.

I don’t understand this - why would he be a better gamble to take in a league where managers are more astute and the players are better? Surely a lower level is “easier” to take on?

• Like 3

Looking at the poll it’s very even. Just goes to show what a tough decision it is for the new owners. 

If we start the season with the squad as it is right now with Bruce in charge id be relatively happy.  I expected a lot lot worse after the playoff final. 

Yes we are weaker than last season but we would have Grealish and Kodija from the start which is a massive plus. 

Edit: RDL looks good. Elphick can do a job and Green is also back and fit. Not sure on Steele but I still think we can challenge. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

8 hours ago, danceoftheshamen said:

I'll go with the flow whichever way things turn.

it would almost feel weird if Bruce stays now such has been the hype about Henry though.

Ole Gunnar likes this

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Edit: RDL looks good. Elphick can do a job and Green is also back and fit. Not sure on Steele but I still think we can challenge. 

I don't understand the Elphick love. He's mud. I think he more than any other player cost RDM his job. Terry was out last season 3 games we lost one drew one won one with Elphick. Boro 1-0 best game in a Villa shirt. I think he was shipped off next time Terry was injured. Jedi steps in 3 wins no goals conceded. Cardiff Leeds Ipswich

There has been way too much smoke for the Henry story to be false, and it would almost be weird for him to stay now given the enormous hype over Henry.

I've had mates who haven't ever talked to me about Villa tag me in articles about this.

I'm content either way. I think Bruce is a safer play, but Henry would be very exciting and would be a great way for the new owners to show their clout.

Edited by ThunderPower_14

20 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

What a hypocrite.

Journos quite happy to hold the axe over managers head on a bad run then suddenly they become their biggest supporters. Cockwombles the lot of them

Edited by Kiwivillan

5 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Journos quite happy to hold the axe over managers head on a bad run then suddenly they become their biggest supporters. Cockwombles the lot of them

I'm not sure I've ever heard any journalist or pundit ever suggest Steve Bruce was not the best man for the job at Villa?

8 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

4 minutes ago, Hoof hearted said:

**** Jim White. The **** does he know about footy? He's a **** snooker player! word removed! 

I am sure Talksport will be more than happy to hear your views on the matter at a mere £5 per minute or whatever their call rates are... :lol:

Controversy for the sake of money. Ignore the idiots - best remedy!

Just now, Genie said:

What has that got to do with my post?

I was mid edit. 2pts in 9 games then we went on 8 game winning streak but sure I recall articles along the lines of "owner showing great patience" etc

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

I'm not sure I've ever heard any journalist or pundit ever suggest Steve Bruce was not the best man for the job at Villa?

True and circumstances change too. If we're allowed to be on the fence then why not journos? 

1 minute ago, osmark86 said:

True and circumstances change too. If we're allowed to be on the fence then why not journos? 

I was responding to the post suggesting the media had moved from a stance of "Bruce out" to being "Bruce remain" and they were "words removed" because of it. From when he was first linked with the job to today I've never come across a suggestion from them that Villa should get rid of him and it continues now. Last few days on the radio all the talk is that this doesn't feel like a good idea and its an unnecessary gamble.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

I don't understand the Elphick love. He's mud. I think he more than any other player cost RDM his job. Terry was out last season 3 games we lost one drew one won one with Elphick. Boro 1-0 best game in a Villa shirt. I think he was shipped off next time Terry was injured. Jedi steps in 3 wins no goals conceded. Cardiff Leeds Ipswich

You may be forgetting Sheff Utd at home where Jedi got torn a new a**e. He was dreadful that day and is certainly not a CB

5 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

You may be forgetting Sheff Utd at home where Jedi got torn a new a**e. He was dreadful that day and is certainly not a CB

I do remember. He played RCB then 3 games unbeaten zero goals conceded LCB as far as I recall. I had an absolute mare in 5-a-side last night after scoring winning goal week before. Shit happens

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I do remember. He played RCB then 3 games unbeaten zero goals conceded LCB as far as I recall. I had an absolute mare in 5-a-side last night after scoring winning goal week before. Shit happens

If you remember where the goals came from and his positioning for them, he was playing LCB. We can't afford dropped points like that. It wiil probably be irrelevant anyway because it looks like he's off

Jim White must be 60 by now. He's at the tail end of a broadcasting career, and will be desperate to see as many old heads as possible remain in key positions in sport.

It keeps him current for now, but he wont be when younger men fill all of the key jobs.