UFC/Pride/MMA

Gabby15

The funniest thing about that 7 second fight was I was watching it on Sky plus and was fast forwarding through the start of the show.

It occured to me that I might miss the start of the first fight having it on x32 fast forward.

"I won't miss anything" I thought.

Missed the entire fight, obviously!

Overeem cleared to fight by the athletic commission on these conditions.

Overeem must take a new steroid test at an independent lab within 72 hours

Overeem must take another test once he arrives on United States soil before his fight with Lesnar

Overeem must take further tests for the next six months to a year at his own expense

Horse-meat you say?

That was one deep standing guillotine!

To be honest I like both fighters but I wanted Machida to win and I think he took the first round; the cut was a nasty one and he knew it would be costly so his confidence was hit badly.

I'm not sure Anderson Silva will step up as he'll lose his speed and elusiveness but you never know?!

I saw Dan Henderson tweeting that he'd love to fight Jones. Personally I think that Jones would be far to quick for him plus Jones would have a big reach advantage which would obviously cause Henderson a few problems trying to get close enough to let his heavy hands fly. I'd like Rashad Evans to get the title fight because alot of shit has gone on between him and Jones from when they used to train together and apparently it was Rashad that would always come out on top in those encounters. Would be interesting to see.

Jones is awesome but I wanted him to lose as he's so cocky!

I thoguth that before the fight, but afterwards when he was interviewed I thought he came off as really well spoken and a nice guy.

But as I said, it was the first time I've seen him so maybe I was just lucky

• 3 weeks later...

Brock Lesnar announces his retirement and the internet immediately blew up with talk of a WWE return. There has been talk of it for a while but I'd be surprised if he went back full time as he hated all the travelling when he was there before. He'll make the odd appearance now and again but I doubt that he'll go back and wrestle full time.

JDS Vs Overeem will be interesting to see.

Nate Diaz has improved alot over the last couple of fights.

Diaz is starting to fulfil all that potential. Picking Cerrone apart in a standing battle is some mean feat. Now he has to start getting it together against the massive wrestlers as well. Guida, Maynard, Henderson and that lot.

LOL at Fitch. Have that you boring miserable trainingpartner dodging redneck! (bit over the top yes but thats the fan in me talking)

Bas will be proud of that liverkick by Overeem.

GUSTAFSSON!!

Lesnar found out horrifically on the feet again, very glad to see the back of him.

internet immediately blew up with talk of a WWE return. There has been talk of it for a while but I'd be surprised if he went back full time as he hated all the travelling[/quote

TNA? Do they still do shows only at Universal Studies and tape all the weeklys in a day or whatever it was? That was a big draw for all the old WWE people a few years back, but I think they might have started taping shows on the road now...

TNA? Do they still do shows only at Universal Studies and tape all the weeklys in a day or whatever it was? That was a big draw for all the old WWE people a few years back, but I think they might have started taping shows on the road now...

Yeah they still do the tapings at the "Impact Zone" at Universal Studios. Over the last year or so they have done a few "house show" events around America but the attendances have been poor! They were selling less than 5,000 tickets at venues that hold 15,000+. They tried smaller venues but still couldn't sell out. Lesnar would NEVER wrestle for them. Give it 3-5 years and I'd be surprised if the company is even still going!

• 2 weeks later...

and 142 tomorrow. Etim has a tough fight, here's hoping.

Preliminary card (Facebook)

Featherweight bout: Felipe Arantes vs. Antonio Carvalho

Preliminary card (FX)

Welterweight bout: Ricardo Funch vs. Mike Pyle

Featherweight bout: Yuri Alcantara vs. Michihiro Omigawa

Heavyweight bout: Gabriel Gonzaga vs. Ednaldo Oliveira

Lightweight bout: Thiago Tavares vs. Sam Stout

Main card

Lightweight bout: Edson Barboza vs. Terry Etim

Welterweight bout: Erick Silva vs. Carlo Prater

Middleweight bout: Rousimar Palhares vs. Mike Massenzio

Middleweight bout: Vitor Belfort vs. Anthony Johnson

Featherweight Championship: José Aldo vs. Chad Mendes

Poor Terry Etim, he'll be on every UFC highlight reel for the next 5 years. For all the wrong reasons.

I wasn't happy with the Jose Aldo's win. At one point in the fight Mendes was about to slam Aldo, he had him in mid air and was just about to slam then Aldo grabbed the cage and levelled himself. Without Aldo's hand grabbing the cage he was certainly going to be slammed pretty hard and put on his back. It's pretty cynical cheating in my opinion and the referee missed it. If Mendes got him down you never know how the fight would have turned out. Not to say it was a false result but I didn't think it was a fair fight because of that incident.

Â