UFC/Pride/MMA

Gabby15

John Maguire Armbars DaMarques Johnson, beauty

submissions_John_Maguire_Armbars_DaMarques_Johnson_UFC_on_Fuel_TV_2.gif

Siyar Bahadurzada KTFO Paulo Thiago, a Scott Smith rival for most epic faceplant!

knockouts_Siyar_Bahadurzada_KTFO_Paulo_Thiago_UFC_on_Fuel_TV_2.gif

Brian Stann KOs Alessio Sakara and stops before the ref gets there, class!

knockouts_Brian_Stann_KOs_Alessio_Sakara_UFC_on_Fuel_TV_2.gif

GREAT NIGHT!!!! Electric crowd, miles better than the UK shows. Big difference when you have a fighter that everyone can get behind, Bisping and Hardy polarises to much for that to happen.

I'm really looking forward to watching Jon Jones Vs Rashad Evans on Saturday.

Yep, and we have 4 events in the coming month, sweet. The only downer is the Overeem situation.

Yeah Overeem is an idiot. I was looking forward to that fight too.

Is anyone going to the MMA Live Expo at the NEC, Birmingham in May? Should be decent. I got VIP tickets so I'm looking forward to meeting a few more fighters. These expo events are a MUST attend for any proper MMA fan, trust me. I went to the one in London in 2010 and it was awesome. Got to meet loads of fighters as well as people like Dana White, Bruce Buffer and the gorgeous Arianny. The line up for May is great so far! Can't wait.

I would love to see Jon Jones fight someone that had a similar height and reach. His height and reach advantage is too much for the light heavyweight division. Yes he's good but if him and Rashad were similar height and had similar reach then Rashad wins all day in my opinion. Looks like Jones will fight Dan Henderson next. The same thing will happen. Henderson won't be able to get close enough. I actually think that Jones will finish Henderson inside two - three rounds. Then what? Surely he has to move up to heavyweight. Or even a superfight against Anderson Silva at a catch weight. That would be awesome!

I dunno why, but I found that entire night's fighting pretty dull.

The Jones v Evans fight was always going to be a bit dull - the nature of Jones as a fighter is that he has such a physical advantage over pretty everyone he's likely to face nobody can touch him, and thus it ends up being a bit boring, and last nights fight didn't buck the trend. He's like a virtuoso guitarist - he's impressive but I don't think he's all that entertaining.

But I found most of the rest of it pretty dull as well. Hmm.

Called the Schaub/Rothwell fight though (admittedly not that convincing of a win mind ;)). Rothwell looked in the shape of his life.

As impressive as the both Mac/McDonalds where, the night lacked something extra. Best part was the Yagin-Hominick fight. Great war! And Browne looked good, and BIG.

And Shaub getting KTFO is always a pretty sight. Nice one Big Ben!

As for Jones, not even Struve has his reach. The man is a freak. Not as impressive this time, almost in cruisecontrol, and still kept Evans at bay.

Rory MacDonald is one scary dude, even his stare has something of the serial killer about it. Poor Che, be the last time he asks for a match-up for a while.

Shame its Mir against Dos Santos as I think he will get smashed like he did against Lesner.

Still some good fights before then, Miller V Diaz and the Korean Zombie v Poirier should be interesting match-ups. Looking forward to seeing the winner of the last TUF, Diego Brandao fight too.

• 2 weeks later...

The evolution of Nate Diaz continues. Fantastic performance.

And the biggest balls of the night goes to Alan Belcher for going to the ground with Palhares, and winning! Going for a "banana split" and a "twister", I bet Eddie Bravo came hard!

Gaudinot vs. Lineker was great. As close to midget fighting in fast forward as we'll ever get.

• 2 weeks later...

Great card this weekend, even a couple of the undercards would make most main cards. I know prelims are on facebook, but does anybody know about where the rest of the undercard Hardy, Miller, Barboza etc would be on?

Great card this weekend, even a couple of the undercards would make most main cards. I know prelims are on facebook, but does anybody know about where the rest of the undercard Hardy, Miller, Barboza etc would be on?

For non US it's difficult without doing it dodgy style. ufc.tv would be an obvious choice but as far as I know it's blacked out for UK viewers.

edit: the prelims are on ufc.tv, only the ppv is blacked out (espn)

Yeh I sometimes watch the prelims on ufc.tv, whan I can be bothered. It takes a bit of negotiation, but you should be able to find it eventually. Good quality stream too!

Now I think of it I think I watched a few prelims on the first UFC on fox card on UFC.tv.

I'm tempted as I think The undercard is really good, might then just go to sleep and watch the main card when I wake up.

Â