UFC/Pride/MMA

Gabby15

Jon 'Bones' Jones. Impressive! Wasn't expecting that.

You obviously haven't seen any of Jones previous fights then.

GSP v Shields next month, cant wait for that, awesome card.

Two of our boys in action on Saturday night, Dan Hardy is fighting Anthony Johnson and John Hathaway is fighting Kris McCray.

Bones Jones destroyed shogun. I was expecting a tougher night for him but he keeps getting better. Only guy i see touching him at LHW is Machida who could be a fight away from a shot providing he beats Randy Couture.

Really hope Dan Hardy beats Rumble Johnson Saturday just hope he has improved on his takedown defence

Rumble Johnson made weight :o :shock: :!: Now lets hope Hardy is ready for a slugfest and keeping his chin well tucked.

Oh, and Davies to beat Little Nog. New generation taking over

Jon 'Bones' Jones. Impressive! Wasn't expecting that.

You obviously haven't seen any of Jones previous fights then.

I obviously have, I just wasn't expecting him to be so dominant against someone like Shogun! It's crazy to think that Jones has only been doing MMA for 3 years. He'll take some stopping! I do like Rashad Evans though so I'm looking forward to that fight.

Nice submission by the Zombie with the Twister. Never seen that I think.

ufn24cjunsubmitlgar2.gif

Hardy got tooled by a non gassing Johnson. And Davies showing the new generation is here.

Bring on GSP-Shields

Hardy is too one dimensional. He'll always be beaten by wrestlers in that fashion. Fair play, he is one tough nut to crack, but he is taken down far too easily and he never looks like he is going to get back to his feet.

Loved the twister from the Korean Zombie. A nasty, nasty submission. With an arm bar or kimora you would suspect most fighters are willing to go right to the very point of dislocation, but that twister is on your neck man. Submit right away.

Yeah problem for Hardy is the WW division is stacked full of excellent wrestlers. Wouldn't surprise me if he was considering attempting to cut down to LW as Johnson was reportedly 195lbs come fight time.

Cant wait till 9th April Daley vs Diaz should be a belter

• 2 weeks later...

Cant wait till 9th April Daley vs Diaz should be a belter

Diaz has a granite chin. He took all Daley had and then promptly KOed him. Amazing fighter.

I think the stoppage was a bit premature. Although Daley looked badly hurt he was still trying to defend himself.

Hadn't seen much of Diaz before this fight he can certainly take a punch though.

Melendez looks very good also

UFC 129 My predictions in bold

Georges St-Pierre vs Jake Shields

José Aldo vs. Mark Hominick

Vladimir Matyushenko vs Jason Brilz

Randy Couture vs. Lyoto Machida

Mark Bocek vs Ben Henderson

Preliminary card

Welterweight bout: Nate Diaz vs Rory MacDonald

Welterweight bout: Sean Pierson vs Jake Ellenberger

Probably just wishful thinking than Shields will beat St-Pierre but i would love to see it :)

• 2 weeks later...

I can't wait to watch UFC 129 tonight. I love watching GSP fight. Shields is a great fighter but I think GSP will win either by TKO or by decision. Jose Aldo Vs Mark Hominick should be a quality fight too! Will be interesting to see what happens between Couture and Machida as well.

On another note, I'm gutted that Jon Jones has got injured and won't be able to defend the title Vs Rashad Evans. I feel abit sorry for Rashad because he was meant to fight Shogun for the title but got injured and now he gets a title match scheduled again and his opponent gets injured! He'll fight Phil Davis instead who I expect Rashad to walk through and then hopefully Jones recovers in time to fight Rashad for the title late this year/early next year.

WOW, what a night. Only the main event failed to deliver. Hominick vs Aldo was epic, so was Henderson and Bocec

Shame for Couture to end that way but **** me what a kick.

Hominick sporting a bit of a lump

untitled2.jpg

Machida on Couture

machida_coutureicol.gif

Makdessi - spinning backfist

johnmakdessispinningbackfistkylewatsonufc129.gif

Garza - Flying triangle :shock:

pablogarzaflyingtrianglechokesyvesjabouinufc129.gif

Menjivar - Elbow broken nose

ivanmenjivarelbowscharlievalenciabreaksnoseufc129.gif

Rory Macdonald suplexes Diaz

rorymacdonaldsuplexnatediazthreetimesufc129.gif

Matyushenko ko on Brills

vladimirmatyushenkokojasonbrilzufc129.gif

You knew it was going to be a good night when it started with a flying triangle and a spinning back fist KO! Quality card, got to be the best I've ever seen.

• 4 weeks later...

Bit of a sleeper 130 was. With some exceptions. Brownes superman punch on Struve was a thing of beauty

fc130tbrokosstr.gif

And Roy Nelson can take a shot, nice win for Mir.

And Rampage predictably won. Hamill outclassed.

Brian Stann with a nice KO

brianstanndropsjorgesantiagoufc130.gif

• 1 month later...

fc132tortsubmitrbad.gif

Tito wins again. Impressive too.

Great 132 card, Condit with a flying knee.

fc132ccontkodkim.gif

Leben ko's Wanderlei

fc132clebkowsil.gif

Dos Anjos ko's Sotiropoulos

fc132ranjkogsot.gif

Guillard ko's Roller

fc132mguikosrol.gif

Kongo's KO of Pat Berry was the 'damnedest' (as the Americans say) thing I have ever seen. The guy was practically unconcious but caught him perfectly :D I was pretty certain he was going to drop himself after he clocked him, but he just did that stoic walk around the octagon thumping his chest thing.

OOWWWW HE'S IN TROUBLE, MIKE

UNBERLEEVABULL!

• 3 weeks later...

UFC 138 looks like its Birmingham bound. The NEC to be precise. My annual fight-trip looks set. Main Event seams to be Leben - Munoz and it will be the first non title fight 5 rounder.

Rest of the card is meh name-wise as always.

Â