UFC/Pride/MMA

Gabby15

I wasn't happy with the Jose Aldo's win. At one point in the fight Mendes was about to slam Aldo, he had him in mid air and was just about to slam then Aldo grabbed the cage and levelled himself. Without Aldo's hand grabbing the cage he was certainly going to be slammed pretty hard and put on his back. It's pretty cynical cheating in my opinion and the referee missed it.

Yeah that was quite bad from Aldo. It does annoy me sometimes when they try to gain an unfair advantage by doing things like grabbing the cage and grabbing shorts.

Poor poor poor Terry Etim. :( But my word what a kick.

*eagerly awaits Tegis' gif of the Etim KO*

At your service :)

barboza-ko.gif

I wasn't happy with the Jose Aldo's win. At one point in the fight Mendes was about to slam Aldo, he had him in mid air and was just about to slam then Aldo grabbed the cage and levelled himself. Without Aldo's hand grabbing the cage he was certainly going to be slammed pretty hard and put on his back. It's pretty cynical cheating in my opinion and the referee missed it.

Yeah that was quite bad from Aldo. It does annoy me sometimes when they try to gain an unfair advantage by doing things like grabbing the cage and grabbing shorts.

Yamasaki saw it and warned him as well, should be an instant point reduction in my opinion.

Great event. Erick Silva will be a beast at 170, disqualification was bull!

Nice to see Belfort win as well after that weigh in farce by "Rumble"

What an opportunity for Michael Bisping now! Mark Munoz is injured and has had to pull out of his fight with Chael Sonnen on the 28th so Bisping is going to be fighting Sonnen with the winner getting a title shot Vs Anderson Silva. The trash talk between Bisping and Sonnen should be funny over the next week or so. Even if Bisping does manage to beat Sonnen there is no chance that he'd beat Anderson Silva! Great opportunity though!

The trash talk between Bisping and Sonnen should be funny

Bwahahahah! I'm going to love this. And I have a sneaky feeling Sonning is going to win both the walk and the talk by some distance.

I think it will be difficult for Bisping but I think he is very underrated (and hated). He has only really been stopped by Hendo and I personally think he was unlucky on decisions with Silva and Evans. As boring as it is he will just do he score points and run away thing he does so effectively.

Fight-night on FX1 was pretty good. Anik and Florian did a good job I thought in place of Goldberg and Rogan.

Best was Nick Denis hellbows

2.gif

And of course Pat Barry cage-jump and planking :-)

4.gif

scaledt.jpg

One of the judges somehow had it 30-27 Sonnen unbelievable

I can accept Sonnen winning two of them at a stretch, but 30-27 was horrible. I had it 29-28 Bisping.

Garbage Fox fights, Prelims was a hoot though. Calf slicer by Oliviera, Swanson punching Roops gumshield to the back rows and Lavar Johnson finishing Beltran with uppercuts from hell

I agree with you...

Bisping won the first two rounds. Unfortunately they don't want a British fighter challenging for the title as the interest would be poor in the land of the USA.

Sonnen's post-fight comments were a disgrace and I hope Silva destroys him!

• 2 weeks later...

Diaz you utter clueless stupid muppet!

Nick Diaz's drug test for UFC 143 returns positive for marijuana

Where there's smoke, there's fire -- and there's also Nick Diaz, toking up.

Nevada State Athletic Commission (NSAC) Executive Director Keith Kizer today confirmed that Diaz failed his UFC 143 drug test for "marijuana metabolites" following the "Diaz vs. Condit" pay-per-view (PPV) event last Saturday night (Feb. 4, 2012) in Las Vegas.

Also screened for performance enhancing drugs, as well as drugs of abuse, were Carlos Condit, Fabricio Werdum, Josh Koscheck, Renan Barao, Ed Herman, Dustin Poirier, Max Holloway, Matt Riddle, Henry Martinez, Edwin Figueroa, Alex Caceres, Matt Brown, Chris Cope, Rafael Natal, Michael Kuiper, Stephen Thompson and Dan Stittgen.

Those fighters all passed with flying colors.

For Diaz, this marks the second time he's been popped for marijuana in Nevada, having tested positive following his win over Takanori Gomi back in Feb. 2007.

Clicky

Â