UFC/Pride/MMA

Gabby15

Finally saw the main event last night, I watched the prelims on Saturday night/morn and then the majority of the main card on Monday, and saw the Anderson/Okami fight last night. Quality! The end was almost like Anderson was thinking 'shall I finish him off this time...er...yeaaahh'

Yeh that Palhares fight was nuts, Herb Dean didn't even look at him are make any sort of hand/arm movement to even slightly suggest he was about to end the fight. I was so crazy I can't even remember if he did win the fight in the end or not. Think he did?

Don't think that's happened before, but at Ultimate Japan (can't remember which one, maybe the first as it was in the very early days) Sakuraba lost, due to an incorrect decision, but wound up having a rematch and winning the tournament by beating the same guy in the final :D That was a crazy event, find it if you havent seen it, the other Japanese fighter in the tourni was a professional wrestler, and Saku was 20 pounds under the heavyweight limit for the tourni, but said he was 200 pounds, so they let him in :lol:

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah I am. I've got cage side seats. Had to pay £225 each for them though which is pretty steep, especially if you consider the lack of a real decent fight card but I'm still looking forward it.

I'm disappointed that there is no fan expo though. With the event being held at the LG Arena it's quite baffling that they haven't hired one or two exhibition halls at the NEC. Definitely a big opportunity missed! The one in London last year was quality. I got to meet people like Dana White, Bruce Buffer, Joe Rogan, Mike Goldberg, Randy Couture, Rashad Evans plus loads more!

Yeah I am. I've got cage side seats. Had to pay £225 each for them though which is pretty steep

Christ, and people complain tickets to the Villa are too expensive! Glad I don't have to pay a premium for sitting pitchside

I decided to put some money on an accumulator as I've been calling the majoity of fights over the last few events. Called all of the main card + the Boetsch fight EXCEPT Hunt/Rothwell ... had Rothwell down to win that one, and damn it got messy. Oh well.

How good is Paul Sass? Undefeated Brit, he's on the undercard for the UFC Live event next weekend, and won sub of the night on his UFC debut, but I can't actually remember it

How good is Paul Sass?

Saw him in London, fishing for the triangle about 5 times before he got it. Sort of a Cody Mckenzie type so we'll see what's what when his opponent decides to avoid the ground. Good prospect

How good is Paul Sass?

Saw him in London, fishing for the triangle about 5 times before he got it. Sort of a Cody Mckenzie type so we'll see what's what when his opponent decides to avoid the ground. Good prospect

Ha yeh I saw his wiki has been edited to wins by 'Sass-angle choke' ala the 'McKenzie-tine' :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Holy crap. Frankie Edgar is the MAN! Tooled in the first round again against Maynard, rallying back and finishes him off in the fourth. CHAMP!!

Aldo did nothing more than necessary.

Chael Sonnen finishes Stann in impressive fashion. But his post fight antic puts the E into epic

“Anderson Silva, you absolutely suck! Super Bowl weekend will be the biggest rematch in the history of this business. I’m calling you out, but we’re upping the stakes: I beat you, you leave the division. You beat me, I will leave the UFC … forever.”

8)

Phan and Garcia has another slugfest of the year. Yihaa

Lauzon takes out Guillard, never entered my mind. 7 bonuses for Lauzon now, he's a finisher

Fantastic night of fights, so pumped

Anyone watching the current TUF series. It's on FX I think, so far Bisping's team have been shown up a little bit.

Yep, I'm watching it. The elimination fights in the first episode was entertaining to say the least. And despite Hamid Corassani being a swede, I hope he gets his ass handed to him. Embarrassing gangsta wannebe.

Â