UFC/Pride/MMA

Gabby15

Holy crap, what an event that was. It will be gif galore when I can find them.

Special congrats to Hardy and Sass, the later is now a firm favourite of mine.

Mir had no chance :-( Dos Santos has wicked standup and takedown defence.

Right, own up, who thought Warner would KO Barboza? I didn't

2.gif

Sass pulling guard within 20 seconds, beast!

2.gif

Hardy left hook! Job-saving punch

4.gif

2.12m man pulling guard is awkward to say the least. Struve is cool as ****! He broke something on Lavar surely.

2.gif

3.gif

And finally, BIG COUNTRY OVERHAND RIGHT! Doink!

2.gif

• 3 weeks later...

What do you all make of this TRT issue? Rich franklin has come out and said he is thinking about doing it, sonnen has now got permission to do it, henderson and mir do it.

In my opinion its putting me off the sport. If you can`t compete clean then you shouldn`t be there. How many other fighters are doing this?

The only reason bj penn can`t perform like he used to is because he is clean at his age , maybe he should get juiced up and take out the entire 155 division.

All of the major Athletic Commissions are a joke. Texas sanctioned Margarito, California's "punishments" are ridiculous and Nevada, well, everyone knows their record.

TRT is PED usage without the stigma, it can easily be abused and obviously enhances your performance. You can't blame the fighters for using it but it is clearly hypocritical to allow it and ban people for using nasal sprays and the like. It's yet another case of the people with the power to make decisions in sport being completely clueless about the facts.

Anyone interested in the Nottingham card?

Cheapest tickets currently £165, I think if I do buy, I will just go whole hog and get as close to ringside as possible.

Don't do ringside unless you are in the first five rows. The view is shit. First rows in the stands are my favourites and not as expensive.

I've been to the last four UK cards and the Swedish one, giving it miss this time I think. Great nights though.

Anyone interested in the Nottingham card?

Cheapest tickets currently £165, I think if I do buy, I will just go whole hog and get as close to ringside as possible.

Don't do ringside unless you are in the first five rows. The view is shit. First rows in the stands are my favourites and not as expensive.

I've been to the last four UK cards and the Swedish one, giving it miss this time I think. Great nights though.

Ive been once to the Bisping v Akiyama card at the o2 and had reasonably good seats.

I think you may be right though, could be better looking down.

I had front row seats the last time it was at the LG Arena in Birmingham and it was quality! Are any of you members of the UFC fight club? It's definitely worth it if you are someone that tries to attend the events as you get the opportunity to buy tickets before they go on general sale.

Horrible match making, Should have had dan hardy vs sanchez as the main event and a heavyweight like pat barry co main event.

Dana is going to say struve is a top contender etc etc but we all know that is a bogus main event. It makes leben vs munoz look epic.

I fully understand zuffa would probably lose money if they had to pay the big names for a uk card but thats the buisness they are in.

Hope the chaps that go have a good time though.

I don't think I'll be going to this one. We got Barao on the last Midlands card but our viewing pleasure was lessened by a retard next to us shouting "**** DECK HIM" over and over whilst shadow boxing throughout every. single. fight.

The card looks exciting nonetheless, I'd definitely go if I got a dipshit exclusion zone guarantee.

At least Hardy and Sass are on the card and I hoping McGuire ends up on it at some point.

I would have said Struve is a top contender, or at least a top 10 fighter, in reality he hasnt got a hope against the top top guys, although who outside of Cain, Junior and Overeem is there?

Hopefully should have some money by the end of the week so will see what I can get ticket-wise as would like to take the other half as she has become a bit of a fan over the last year or so.

Anyway we have 2 events this weekend, although not sure 147 is the greatest card (which usually means it will be awesome).

Horrible match making, Should have had dan hardy vs sanchez as the main event and a heavyweight like pat barry co main event.

Not really. Dan Hardy v Amir Sadollah is a great match up! As is Che Mills v Duane Ludwig and Jason Young v Robbie Peralta.

Yep Struve is a top fighter and contender due to his skill at all ranges be that striking or submissions.

Hardy v. Sadollah is a good match-up and i'ts tough to call that one, Sadolla can take a puch and Hardy has seemed a little punch-drunk recently.

Fedor has retired! Ended with a typical smash of Pedro Rizzo.

Fantastic fighter and a damn shame he didn't follow Nougiera, Wanderlei, Crocop, and Rampage into the UFC from Pride when it shut shop.

Aww Fedor. Was he really the best ever? I guess we'll never know. Back in the days of 606 the constant bickering about whether he was/wasnt was one of the highlights of that entire forum.

Â