UFC/Pride/MMA

Gabby15

It was cringeworthy, but no doubt all involved will be laughing to the bank.

I hope Silva destroys him as I find Sonnen's fight-tactics far from entertaining.

But yep as said, Edgar was immense...movement (footwork) was great throughout and his fitness is top-notch!

I hope that 'loser leaves town' match comes to fruition :D

Isn't that all a bit WWE? Are UFC running out of ideas?

Ha yeh, as Tegis says this was down to Sonnen not UFC. He said he'll leave the UFC...*dramatic pause*...FOREVER! if he loses to Anderson again. Which in reality means he would presumably not sign another contract with UFC, if offered one.

And if Anderson loses Sonnen wants him to leave the division, which I can't see happening, as if it did happen surely you'd have to have the rubber match aswell as they'd both won one each?

But yeh. It was a great 'promo'. He had been so stoic throughout the whole walk-in, intro's, and the fight itself, even in the initial time after the fight - and then that out burst. It was fantastic.

In fact, I could see him in WWE if he leaves UFC, Vince & Co. would love him to ride in on a wave of controversy, and they adore their legit wrestlers too

In fact, I could see him in WWE if he leaves UFC, Vince & Co. would love him to ride in on a wave of controversy, and they adore their legit wrestlers too

'Legit' and 'WWE' in the same sentance?!

To defend the honour of the E a bit here, YES a lot of it is stage managed to buggery, YES its often patently ridiculous, but there is an element of technical skill required and they have hoovered up decent wrestlers before. Kurt Angle being the most notable.

Sonnen is a big WWE fan apparently. No wonder he trash talks about other fighters as much as he does. His latest 'pipebomb' was funny though. He'd lose to Anderson Silva again so who knows, he could end up in WWE after all ha ha!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Never seen BJ Penn get beat up like that before. Diaz was relentless with his striking. I can't believe Carlos Condit has agreed to step aside and let GSP fight Diaz! UFC must have offered him some serious $$$ to do that but if I was a professional fighter there is no way that I would give up my title shot! He might never get the opportunity to fight for the title in the future. Diaz is good but GSP is different class.

Wierd one by Condit. But it was the fight to begin with, and he'll probably get a shot anyway. The 170 division is pretty much cleaned out by GSP apart from Diaz and Condit. Rory Macdonald has a few fights and years to go.

Anything really worth watching from the 137 card? I usually watch the repeat on ESPN on the sunday night after, usually 9 or 10, but it didnt start last night till nearly 12.30 so I havent seen anything of it. Seen the results though.

Anything really worth watching from the 137 card? I usually watch the repeat on ESPN on the sunday night after, usually 9 or 10, but it didnt start last night till nearly 12.30 so I havent seen anything of it. Seen the results though.

Not to memorable. the spike-prelims were good though, watch that.

Etim was monstrous. The submission was impressive but I was totally in awe of the moments before that - Faaloloto comes at him throwing jabs and Etim, completely calmly, walks backwards from these vicious punches, doesn't flinch, doesn't even lean from them, just total control to back away and then come flying.

Â