UFC/Pride/MMA

Gabby15

2 hours ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Good to see Colby Covington make some friends at the end of the fight!:rolleyes:

Ah yes, the Koscheck approch :lol:

Edited by Tegis
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hope no one put too much money on that card - a few shocks to say the least! Very enjoyable, I was never the biggest GSP fan, and I was kinda desperate to say that I was 'not impressed by his performance', but yeesh. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, hogso said:

Hope no one put too much money on that card - a few shocks to say the least! Very enjoyable, I was never the biggest GSP fan, and I was kinda desperate to say that I was 'not impressed by his performance', but yeesh. 

I would have gotten all results wrong and all types of finishes as well.

Rose knocking Joanna on her ass, who in the wide world saw that coming????

56 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Wonder if he will stay at middleweight? 

Some mouthwatering fights there if he does!

Wouldn't be surprised to see GSP - McGregor at 170, Can't see GSP defending the title but can see Mcgregor maybe having one more fight first early next year before setting this up for late spring/summer.

Some of the belts are getting to be a bit meaningless with people jumping around the weights and not bothering to defend titles so why change anything. Just book the big fights that people want to see & i imagine that Dillashaw/Johnson may be yet another of these at some sort of 130 catchweight with neither of their titles on the line.

Guessing Jedrzejczyk will be moving up to the new flyweight division for her next fight (VanZant or Shevchenko?) & wouldn't be surprised if this is on the same bill as Namajunas first defence which will probably be against Andrade.

Bisping, presuming he doesn't retire will probably be in with Romero or a third fight with Rockhold

1 hour ago, LakotaDakota said:

Wouldn't be surprised to see GSP - McGregor at 170, Can't see GSP defending the title but can see Mcgregor maybe having one more fight first early next year before setting this up for late spring/summer.

God i hope you are wrong, getting bored of McGreggor holding up the championship belts now. Can you imagine if he got the chance to be middleweight champ as well?

If GSP is going to do that please dont put the belt up, give it back some proper meaning!

We all know that wont happen though!

Edited by Nigel

I doubt that GSP will be able to make 170, looked very very bulky. Woodley would murder him too. He was impressive for a first fight back but Bisping was well on the way to a points win with GSP gassing until he got caught, and Bisping would be destroyed by any of the other contenders. 

Can't wait to see what kind of excuses the supposed pound for pound, greatest of all time comes up with to try duck Dillashaw. It's a pity that fight ended so quickly as they were getting into a real quality scrap. The re-match of these two will be one to watch.

Most likely will be either GSP vs Whittaker or Woodley depending which route GSP chooses to go down. The Whittaker bout has to be the most likely given the situation and recent comments by GSP.

As for McGregor his next match IMO will be Tony Ferguson assuming they UFC can satisfy McGregor's financial demands!

UFC217 certainly delivered and claimed the 3rd biggest gate at the MSG.

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

and if people still think McGregor is not a piece of shit, this was last night

What happened there? He stormed in after the fight ended, was he celebrating with the first guy? Was he pissed off owth the red because he got told off? 

Grade A prick though.

There is history with that ref from an event last month where McGregor was supporting another of his guys and the ref gave him shit about walking around outside the cage or some such. A fighter losing the plot when someone puts their hands on them, is that really surprising? Especially with one as media savvy as McGregor.

Edited by villakram

13 hours ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Coming up to one year since his last UFC fight. Needs to do his talking in the ring.

Conor is a smart guy, he has all the money he'll ever need and his brand is likely generating even more money from merch, sponsorships and everything else. He doesn't need to fight again and he likely doesn't want to fight again, but he's contractually obligated to unless he does something that forces UFC to suspend or fire him. Conor is trying to get out of fighting without saying he doesn't want to fight and as such he's just going to keep doing crazy shit until his contract winds down. I will be surprised if we see Conor fighting again and I will be surprised if UFC let him go unpunished for this.

Â