UFC/Pride/MMA

Gabby15

On 07/09/2017 at 01:59, villakram said:

wow ufc213 is a complete disaster... so glad I didn't go. Dana will be out on his ear if he doesn't deliver a couple of quality ppv by the year end. 

If the weight cut story with Nunes is true, she's done too, pity as it would have been a good fight.

It fell apart big time. Happy for Whittaker though.

Dammit, Gegard signs for Bellator. :( WME is **** things up royally at the moment.

Now, I don't give a rats behind where the fighters are, as long as they are under the same roof and fighting each other. Going the Boxing route of 35 champs in each weight-class  is a nightmare.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tegis said:

Dammit, Gegard signs for Bellator. :( WME is **** things up royally at the moment.

Now, I don't give a rats behind where the fighters are, as long as they are under the same roof and fighting each other. Going the Boxing route of 35 champs in each weight-class  is a nightmare.

I hang this on Dana's head. He was the driver behind the Fox/Reebok deals that started us down the road of this popularity contest nonsense, instead of the best vs the best. Hopefully as WME get up to speed they'll realize that Dana has taken this a far as he can or else Bellator is going to be the place to be within a year or two.

Edited by villakram
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, villakram said:

I hang this on Dana's head. He was the driver behind the Fox/Reebok deals that started us down the road of this popularity contest nonsense, instead of the best vs the best. Hopefully as WME get up to speed they'll realize that Dana has taken this a far as he can or else Bellator is going to be the place to be within a year or two.

The Reebok deal is such a **** :(

18 hours ago, villakram said:

Not untill they can sort their business model out!

Its light years behind the UFC still. TBH their current model of wheeling out old timers to headline events will never work!

We need prime back....now that was a show!

20 hours ago, Tegis said:

Going the Boxing route of 35 champs in each weight-class  is a nightmare.

But surely it is an inevitability as the demand grows, and the participant numbers grow.  Right now we're watching MMA catch up with boxing.  Unfortunately I think it's unavoidable that it will catch up in as many of the bad ways as the good ways.

2 hours ago, BOF said:

But surely it is an inevitability as the demand grows, and the participant numbers grow.  Right now we're watching MMA catch up with boxing.  Unfortunately I think it's unavoidable that it will catch up in as many of the bad ways as the good ways.

giphy.gif

On 03/07/2014 at 22:27, Tegis said:

Ray Borg. Future champ. Calling it

Getting his shot at MM in Edmonton. UFC 215. Canucks getting a solid card for once.

Demetrious Johnson vs. Ray Borg
Amanda Nunes vs. Valentina Shevchenko
Junior dos Santos vs. Francis Ngannou
Gilbert Melendez vs. Jeremy Stephens
Henry Cejudo vs. Wilson Reis
Ilir Latifi vs. Tyson Pedro
Rick Glenn vs. Gavin Tucker
Sara McMann vs. Ketlen Vieira
Ashlee Evans-Smith vs. Sarah Moras
Arjan Bhullar vs. Luis Henrique
Kajan Johnson vs. Adriano Martins

It's one heck of a card