UFC/Pride/MMA

Gabby15

1 minute ago, LakotaDakota said:

Seems Rose wanted to pull out too after yesterday as she was on the bus and was rather shaken up by it

Jesus Christ, just cancel the whole event FFS.

Conors mugshot form is doing the rounds. Looks like he is being treated lightly and has been charged with a misdemeanor rather than a felony.

New York Penal Law section 120.00.01 is Assault in the third degree which is a Class A misdemeanor and carries a maximum punishment of upto 1 year behind bars and/or upto $1000 fine.

Will be interesting to see if any of the others involved go after him for loss of earnings/future earnings. It's not like everyone sat on that but doesn't know that he has a shit load of money & they don't.

It may also prevent him regaining entry into the States for any future fights, That would be fun.

zcpJFpb.jpg

Edited by LakotaDakota

46 minutes ago, villakram said:

Story is that he was at 168lb 6 days out. He was in a position this morn where he felt ok with cutting whatever remained but the NY commission doctors stepped in and blocked it. I doubt this would have happened in Vegas as they are much more experienced there and give the fighters and their camp significant leeway. NY has a history of disdain for the UFC and I suspect this is a combination of a lack of experience and work-to-rule.

Case in point. They are wrecking it. Thats a bloody good fight actually. Felder can certainly hold his own.

Iaquinta vs Felder falling out is also a major bummer. And Pettis - Felder will not happen either, teammates. Only 9 fights on the card.

Conor is out, 3 misdemeanor assault charges & 1 felony criminal mischief. $50,000 bail paid, Allowed to keep his passport & return to Ireland.Must contact Bail Bondsman Ira Judelson weekly by phone, Allowed to travel but all travel plans have to be approved by Judelson in advance. Ordered to stay away from victims and due back in court on June 14th.

The criminal mischief felony charge is the main issue as it relates to putting others at risk rather than just smashing up an empty bus. This can be 5 years+ in prison

Edited by LakotaDakota

So, Rogan and Smith playing down Khabib. It was 115-23 in strikes FFS, and 50-44 50-43 50-43 on the scorcards.

They are too baked for their own good sometimes <_<

• 2 weeks later...

So, am I tinfoil-hat’ing this?
Leslie Smith is scheduled to fight Aspen Ladd, 10 weeks in the making. No short notices.
Leslie Smith is the figurehead and driving force behind “Project spearhead”. With the aim to get fighters unionized and have collective bargaining rights. I can hazard a guess that the UFC want none of this.

Weigh ins today.

Ladd purely by “chance” misses weight. Smith, well within her rights, refuses to fight her. Gets paid show and win money, and whadda you know. It’s her last fight on her contract and the UFC is rid. Without having to risk her winning and pull a stunt in the cage or at the post fight interview.

What I want to know is how much under the table Ladd got for being a bit heavy.

FFS, case in point that UFC are pretty arseholy when you don't have a unionist to fight. That compensation is disgraceful. Same bloody card, not his fault.

1 hour ago, LakotaDakota said:

i would rather have 10 grand for sitting at home in my pants than 20 grand for potentially getting a good kicking but then i don't do it for a living i guess.

I guess it also depends if he is re-booked for another event in a month or so. Still, show money should be minimum if he makes weight

Â