UFC/Pride/MMA

Gabby15

Just now, mikeyp102 said:

BBC going to be showing it...

http://www.unilad.co.uk/sport/ufc-announce-landmark-deal-with-bbc/

It has been announced that the BBC has agreed a deal with the UFC to broadcast MMA in the UK.

I don't know why but I just don't see how MMA fits the BBC.

Seems a strange match for me.

Not complaining though. The easier to view the better.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sexbelowsound said:

I don't know why but I just don't see how MMA fits the BBC.

Seems a strange match for me.

Not complaining though. The easier to view the better.

hosted by Manish and commentary by Jonathan Pearce

• Like 3

Yeah i thought the same. not that I have much interest in MMA, but I saw the story and noticed it said the BBC would provide "coverage" and "commentary". It didn't actually say it would be "showing" the fights.

To me it read more like "we now acknowledge that this is a sport and will be treating it the same as we treat Baseball"

Frustrating, this is my second Mcgregor Vegas trip in the last year and both times his opponent has pulled out, Damn Brazilians. Dont get me wrong Diaz (at 170!) will no doubt be a great fight but i wanted to see what could be the greatest moment in UFC history especially for an Irish fan.

Must admit some of the things Edgar says about the ufc seem to ring a bit true.  Why match Connor up with an out of shape Diaz insted of the more natural fit of cowboy?

No chance of him turning down the fight after that little media spat a few months back!

22 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Must admit some of the things Edgar says about the ufc seem to ring a bit true.  Why match Connor up with an out of shape Diaz insted of the more natural fit of cowboy?

No chance of him turning down the fight after that little media spat a few months back!

They don't want to risk Conor getting spanked before he gets his hands on Dos Anjos. Too much money in that one, An on point Cowboy could easily beat him. Diaz is the safe bet and will still drum up the hype by trash-talk alone

For title fights dont alot of the opponents wait out the injury, just incase they lose and then dont get the title fight?

Mcgregor is fighting diaz at 25 lbs heavier than his last fight.

However i agree, its very much a safety net for UFC, even if Mcgregor loses they can blame it on the weight.

9 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

I like Cerrone but he checks out in high profile fights. I've no reason to think that fight would be any different. 

Also, don't fighters, win or lose, automatically get a 30  day medical suspension?

I think most are only given a 7 days mandatory rest unless they have injuries.  Cerrone would certainly give a better account of himself than Diaz IMO

Â