UFC/Pride/MMA

Gabby15

Taken off of the 200 for refusing to fly to Vegas for promo according to Girlname White, some suggestion the death of Carvalho may be a factor in his decision too.

What a shame if true.

Edited by hogso

I hope Connor is done. He swerved very fast from invigorating the UFC to becoming an irritant, and he's not that good. He can be exciting, but a fighter like Diaz has beaten him with basics and Diaz isn't a champion.

I suspect he isn't though and this is all about cash. Worst comes to the worst he buggers off to one of the other franchises.

A completely sensible theory courtesy of Brian Stann.

"Do I believe he's retiring? Absolutely not. We give Conor a lot of credit for being intelligent and I agree with all that credit. He is a very bright guy. He understands combat sports. He understands how to keep his name, his brand, as the main story."

"You've got a lot of other things going on in MMA. You've got lots of guys putting forth great performances and Conor's going to do the things necessary to keep his name in the headlines. to keep people talking about him, to sell his product, to move his business 'Conor McGregor' forward. I think it's smart. I think what he's doing is really intelligent."

"I've seen a lot of comments on Twitter 'Well, the UFC is probably going crazy today. It's a dumpster fire over at Zuffa headquarters.' Well, I'm not on the inside track every single day, but I know enough and have a good enough relationship with Joe Silva, Sean Shelby and some of the executives over there that this is something they deal with every day, guys."

"Conor's more high profile, he's got the ability to break the internet, but you're dealing with fighters, you're dealing with athletes that are impulsive, that are emotional, that are insensitive, that are aggressive. These things happen and all this did was with whatever product they're selling with him on it, it's got them more buys."

"So if anything, I'd imagine Zuffa headquarters are smiling ear-to-ear becasue of this tweet and how many people are talking about Conor McGregor."

The UFC has borrowed many aspects from WWE, this could be a 'work' cooked up between him and Dana. 

If not then it could be that Conor wants more money and power. When it's all said and done the UFC pays it's fighters extremely poorly. I've read that Conor earned between $500k-$1m guaranteed (not including PPV upside) for his fight with Aldo, supposedly one of the biggest UFC fights in history, shocking. In boxing, Roberto Guerrero (washed up) earned $1m to fight an unheard of boxer called Aaron Martinez, purely down to his contract with Al Haymon. Boxing enriches its fighters due to purse bids and promoters/managers fighting for better paydays for their fighters. This, as far as I'm aware, is prohibited in the UFC. 

Knew it was over a promo dana & conor throwing the toys out .........watch a kiss and make up .......only thing is this whole thing would suggest conor is nervous, maybe seeds of doubt in if he can beat nate .....not good 

Â