World Cup 2018 Betting

imavillan

Here we go with some betting opportunities for the tournament.

To make it a little more interesting heres three wagers i've had.

£20 Harry Kane top goalscorer at 16/1 with Corals

£20 Antoine Griezmann top goalscorer 12/1 with Corals

£10 Romelu Lukaku top goalscorer 16/1 with Corals

Normally gets won with 6/7 goals....should get a run for my money with all of those.

Any other punts???

I'm going to set myself up with a little kitty for the tournament.  Some interesting bets on the list there.

Which bookie is everyone using?  I used Betfair during the regular season because I had £20 left in my account so just made fun bets with that.  They don't tend to have decent specials though, but it's a simple platform to use.

I fancy backing the overall winner but can't decide who I think will take it.  France might be an interesting shout just because of their pace and power.

WH have couple of good offers.

Bet £10 on a team to win outright and get a £5 Free bet for each game they win.

Same offer on top goal scorer, £5 per goal.

I’ve gone for Brazil / Neymar.

done a few each way top scorers

Griezmann 10/1 

Jesus  16/1

Lewandowski 33/1 (got 16 in qualifying in a group without a proper shit minnow to pad his record and is playing for a contract)

I use Bet 365. Odds are usually pretty competitive 

Other than Brazil/Neymar bets gone with a few more 'left field' choices which are all around 4/1

Peru to qualify out the group 

Morocco to qualify out the group

Senegal to qualify out the group

Russia not to qualify out the group

Suarez top goalscorer 25/1 - Uruguay should at least get to the QF

Think Lukaku as top scorer is a great bet...we know from premier league he's great at scoring against weaker teams. He could get 3-4 goals from the Panama and Tunisia games alone.

Outsider for that would be Mitrovic, had a great second half of the season and his international record for Serbia is pretty decent, scored a hat-trick last week.

On 10/06/2018 at 12:35, imavillan said:

Normally gets won with 6/7 goals....should get a run for my money with all of those.

Any other punts???

Just back from Hills and have put another £20 on Jesus at 16/1

have a few to be looking at now ?

Just put £10 on a Brazil/Jesus double (to win & top scorer) @ 40/1.

Also put £10 on a Brazil/Neymar double (to win & top scorer) @ 20/1.

Could have had better odds online, but easier popping into the local betting shop.  I'm happy with those bets and should keep me interested right until the end. 

• Like 1

On 11/06/2018 at 22:39, Zatman said:

done a few each way top scorers

Griezmann 10/1 

Jesus  16/1

Lewandowski 33/1 (got 16 in qualifying in a group without a proper shit minnow to pad his record and is playing for a contract)

Yeah i've gone ew on Lewandowski as well. He's their clear main man upfront, and like you say is putting himself in the shop window this summer. Done it on William Hill so also get £5 freebet every goal he scores.

Also covered Brazil, Spain, France and Germany to win on various freebet offers at different bookies (bet on overall winner, get freebet every game they win). May just hope one of those teams will win the trophy and that will cover losses on other 3, or may look to lay off stakes further into competition if prices on the exchange shorten up (assuming there are no group shocks).

My Paddy Power account had expired so was able to set up a new one.  Got 100/1 on Russia to beat Saudi Arabia, paid out in free bets.  Hopefully that comes in and gives me something to play with.

At Will Hill got on the promo of bet £10 on top scorer / outright winner and get a free £5 bet for each goal / win.

Went on Cavani top scorer (was top scorer for the region in qualifying) with an odds-boost to 22/1, and Germany to win at 9/2.

45 minutes ago, West said:

Got on Ronaldo to score a direct free kick in the tournament at 4/1 at Paddy. Should have at least 5 attempts...

Ronaldo free kick record is dodgy, Messi is 3/1 seems more likely

5 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

My Paddy Power account had expired so was able to set up a new one.  Got 100/1 on Russia to beat Saudi Arabia, paid out in free bets.  Hopefully that comes in and gives me something to play with.

At Will Hill got on the promo of bet £10 on top scorer / outright winner and get a free £5 bet for each goal / win.

Went on Cavani top scorer (was top scorer for the region in qualifying) with an odds-boost to 22/1, and Germany to win at 9/2.

If you’re familiar with matched betting you can turn that £100 Free bet into guaranteed £75/£80 cash.

• Like 1

On 10/06/2018 at 12:35, imavillan said:

Any other punts???

I'd bet that Putin, Infantino and the Saudi bloke had a few quid on that result.

21 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Think Lukaku as top scorer is a great bet...we know from premier league he's great at scoring against weaker teams. He could get 3-4 goals from the Panama and Tunisia games alone.

Outsider for that would be Mitrovic, had a great second half of the season and his international record for Serbia is pretty decent, scored a hat-trick last week.

Yeah, I like Lukaku as top scorer (for value) - same reasons as Kane.  I actually think Belgium have more goalscorers than England, though, so not sure which to gamble on...

I think there's potentially value for e/w on (WillHill odds):

Mbappe (28/1)
Isco (50/1)
Falcao (50/1)
Mertens (80/1)

Â