World Cup : Group F (Ger, Mex, Swe, Kor)

BOF

32 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

They haven't replaced Schweinstiger. Really miss a box to box midfielder. They've also been pretty shit for about 18 months which was masked by winning the Confed. Cup. 

at the confederations cup it was goretzka, nowhere near that form this tournament

2 hours ago, VillaJ100 said:

They haven't replaced Schweinstiger. Really miss a box to box midfielder. They've also been pretty shit for about 18 months which was masked by winning the Confed. Cup. 

Furtherback, Euro 2016 qualifying they lost to Ireland and Poland and nearly Scotland and havent looked convincing since the 7-1 vs Brazil

I see some smug British journalists are back on the Sane bandwagon. Unless he has become a goalkeeper, holding midfielder and defender combined since the end of the season then I dont see the comparison

They had 67 shots in 3 games so not like they needed another creative player just a finisher

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

What in god's name was Neur doing that far up the pitch? There were 3 defenders behind him.

Absolutely brilliant

Almost dropped a clanger in the first half as well with a shot straight at him. Time to move him on and given Ter Stegen a proper go.

26 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I see some smug British journalists are back on the Sane bandwagon. Unless he has become a goalkeeper, holding midfielder and defender combined since the end of the season then I dont see the comparison

They had 67 shots in 3 games so not like they needed another creative player just a finisher

Yep, he wouldn't have made much of a difference at all. He has been fairly abject in all of his 12 appearances for Germany as well.

Just now, Dr_Pangloss said:

Almost dropped a clanger in the first half as well with a shot straight at him. Time to move him on and given Ter Stegen a proper go.

In fairness no way he was ever fit to to play this tournament. Mexico game was his first competitive game since September

• Like 3

Yeah that selection was a mistake as Ter Stegen played well for Barca this season. Very similar to England constantly going for reputation over form in last 10 years. Maybe it sent bad vibes to rest of squad?

No idea what happened to Germany this tournament. Even after they got an extra life from beating Sweden they looked completely clueless v already done South Korea.

They will be back though in 2020. Unlike 2000 their football system isn't broken so would put it down to the car crash tournament finally being Germany's time to pass to.

6 hours ago, villa4europe said:

southgate coming up with a formation and shape that he likes and sticking to his guns s

I'm enjoying watching Gareth lead England. He's a good guy and a solid manager.

• Like 2

Â