World Cup : Group F (Ger, Mex, Swe, Kor)

BOF

beeb said something daft over timo werner being ridiculously fast  (im sure they said he can do the 100m sprint in 9.1, quicker than bolt, must be 10.1)

turns out in terms of off the block speed, over 40m werner is faster than bolt ?

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

beeb said something daft over timo werner being ridiculously fast  (im sure they said he can do the 100m sprint in 9.1, quicker than bolt, must be 10.1)

turns out in terms of off the block speed, over 40m werner is faster than bolt ?

The NFL rather cleverly has 2 different terms to differentiate between the 2.  Quickness and speed. Speed refers to outright pace at full pelt.  Quickness relates to shorter distance stuff like 40yd bursts, acceleration ability and general jinking ability.  Makes sense.

EDIT : I know you know this as an NFL fan.  I was just saying in general terms.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BOF said:

The NFL rather cleverly has 2 different terms to differentiate between the 2.  Quickness and speed. Speed refers to outright pace at full pelt.  Quickness relates to shorter distance stuff like 40yd bursts, acceleration ability and general jinking ability.  Makes sense.

yeah i know they measure 40 yard dash at the combine, for football and NFL i would probably agree 40 yards is a better indicator

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

That's probably not as surprising as you might think.

Bolt is (was) infamously bad at starting. He's slower at starting than most other elite sprinters. He makes it all up towards the end of the race.

(obviously I understand the general point that this still makes Werner very very quick!)

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Lozano so predictable, i think he needs wise up or will fail in a bigger league

i think its the energy and desire off the ball that will get him the move to a big club, on it im not sure he's there yet (albeit he's 22)

he would fit in at barca

Edited by villa4europe

Â