World Cup : Group D (Arg, Ice, Cro, Nga)

BOF

7 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Croatia have been an excellent side for a long time. I get a sense that they feel its their time right now. Brilliant performance, their shape was flawless all night. Well drilled side who will take some stopping imo. They have so much energy, strength and invention in that side. Their pressing game was forcing Argentina to buckle all game, even at 2 and 3-0 in the 90th minute they were chasing down hunting the ball in packs. Ruthless, shame Bilic is with ITV this tournament; wanted to see his reaction

Was waiting for the Croatians to tire with all that pressing. By about 75mins I noticed Perisic and Mandzukic looked done in but Modric and Rakitic kinda took over the pressing duties and the other two tucked in. Modric looked like he could have run for another hour at the end. Their movement was excellent and the way they can swap roles. Like you say very well drilled.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Have to wonder if Croatia get to quarter finals he could be serious Ballon Dor contender

Unless Ronaldo gets Golden Boot

Nah, it'll only ever be Messi or Ronaldo until they retire

Who else thinks we should sell the whole squad and just import the Iceland team and management wholesale? We already have one player and the rest probably won't cost more than 10 million apart from sigurdsson. 

3 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

Who else thinks we should sell the whole squad and just import the Iceland team and management wholesale? We already have one player and the rest probably won't cost more than 10 million apart from sigurdsson. 

Bit harsh on them, I quite like the Iceland players ;)

Musa is atrocious all he has is pace. Real strange decision to start him today, can’t see many oppurtunites to get in behind the Icelandic defence.

Would have thought the more physical Ighalo would be more effective as it all seems very much back to goal stuff.

Â