World Cup : Group D (Arg, Ice, Cro, Nga)

BOF

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Not many teams in the world with better midfields than Croatia tbf.

Them winning the midfield battle against Argentina is no surprise.

Their lack of number 9 and crap defence is why they won't go too far IMO, quarters I reckon. Rakatic and Modric just incredible players to watch though.

1 minute ago, sne said:

Not many teams in the world with better midfields than Croatia tbf.

Them winning the midfield battle against Argentina is no surprise.

Especially starting with a midfield two of Mascherano and Perez. 

Obviously these Managers understand the game on another level to us but I have no idea what he's thinking there, so obvious they would be dominated.

1 minute ago, Czechlad said:

Why obvious? If I needed to win a match and had to choose between Messi and Ronaldo, I'd pick Ronaldo. 

Ronaldo can play a lot of different roles, where Messi relies on quality around him. 

The constant Ronaldo/Messi stuff is tiring, but to suggest Ronaldo can play more roles than Messi is just outright wrong. 

3 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Why obvious? If I needed to win a match and had to choose between Messi and Ronaldo, I'd pick Ronaldo. 

Ronaldo can play a lot of different roles, where Messi relies on quality around him. 

another myth

4 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Arguably one of the best balanced sides out there. Germany and Spain possibly the only better ones?

normally would agree about Germany but they looked anything but balanced against Mexico

1 minute ago, sne said:

Not sure floating crosses towards the box is the right way to go for Argentina :)

wasnt another argentina player within 10 yards of him, let him run in to the corner then offered him nothing, very little movement and runners off the ball

they dont look like a team

Would not be surprised after the game if pretty much every Croatian outfield player has covered more ground than pretty much every Argentinian one.

• Like 1

Â