What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

about to crack open a bottle of gin with Carrefour's own brand Citrus mixer. could be horrendous but meh, a drink to Big Ged's health.

Carrefour still going?

I used to work there when I was a kid before it turned into Asda

about to crack open a bottle of gin with Carrefour's own brand Citrus mixer. could be horrendous but meh, a drink to Big Ged's health.

Carrefour still going?

I don't think i've ever seen one in the UK but regrettably i'm living in France currently and they're everywhere over here.

Carrefour still going?

I don't think i've ever seen one in the UK but regrettably i'm living in France currently and they're everywhere over here.

They first opened in the UK in the mid to late 70's. Not sure if it was THE first UK store but it was one of the first wave, opened in Caerphilly of all places and going there as a kid was a great adventure. I think it was the first time the word hypermarket entered the lexicon too

In France I quite like Carrefour as a supermarket, better than a lot of them. I have a draw full of those durable Carrefour bags they sell at the checkouts, far better than any of the "bags for life" they sell over here. In fact I noticed someone else had them the other day too. I'm a tend setter on the shopping bag front, people covet my bags :D

I've even seen Carrefour in Singapore, they even have a Carrefour roundabout there (serious that is what its called). I think the UK is one of the few places they've failed tbh

Carrefour still going?

They first opened in the UK in the mid to late 70's. Not sure if it was THE first UK store but it was one of the first wave, opened in Caerphilly of all places and going there as a kid was a great adventure. I think it was the first time the word hypermarket entered the lexicon too

In France I quite like Carrefour as a supermarket, better than a lot of them.

You're certainly not wrong there. Any 'Franprix' outlet genuinely looks like a bombsite. Reminded me of this wacky supermarket i used to go in North Devon called 'Brian Ford's' where the fruit & veg were on sale next to the trainers section. Unfortunately i think Brian has since sold the business and it's now one of the chains.

• 3 weeks later...

Whiskey time! 12 y.o single malt, speyside KNOCKANDO ! I'm a relative novice to Whiskey, but decided since I'm not a huge brandy fan that I needed an "old man" drink so I could fit in...end of night when everyone gets that kinda drink. Whiskey is soooo nice. On my 2nd Knockando!

Speyside isn't whiskey... it's whisky.

Scotch & Canadian: whisky

Irish & American (with rare exceptions: a couple of the artisanal bourbons are whiskies): whiskey

;)

No... Cragganmore (12 year old) is my preferred single malt (though in all honesty I think that the vatted (now blended) malts are generally superior to the single malts).

Hehe, yeah yeah...you sound like my English wife. Pats suck! :D

Get back to me when the Jets win the AFC East, the AFC, and/or the Super Bowl... ;)

[table]

[row][mcol]W[mcol]L[mcol]Pct.[mcol]GB[mcol]WGB[mcol]L10

[mrow]RED SOX[col]24[col]20[col].545[col]--[col]NA[col]8-2

[mrow]Tampa Bay[col]25[col]21[col].543[col]0[col]--[col]4-6

[mrow]New York[col]23[col]20[col].535[col]0.5[col]0.5[col]3-7

[mrow]Toronto[col]23[col]22[col].511[col]1.5[col]1.5[col]8-2

[mrow]Baltimore[col]20[col]24[col].455[col]4.0[col]4.0[col]5-5

[/table]

Celtics + Bruins this spring: (5-4) + (10-5) = (15-9)

Knicks + Rangers this spring: (0-4) + (1-4) = (1-8 )

(the Red Bulls are 2 points ahead of the Revs with a game in hand, though... I suppose you lot down there can hang your hat on that)

EDIT: forgive me... my table-making skills are rusty

Speyside isn't whiskey... it's whisky.

Scotch & Canadian: whisky

Irish & American (with rare exceptions: a couple of the artisanal bourbons are whiskies): whiskey

;)

Hehe, yeah yeah...you sound like my English wife. Pats suck! :D

You're the opposite of me YIM (Yank wife) and **** yeah the Pat's suck, as do the Red Sox :winkold:

No offense Levi , you're cool.

Â