What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

Meh, it's a little acidic. And it never keeps a head. It's great for getting hammered but then there are better things up that neck of the woods for doing that (white Chimay).

No. Guinness export (Nigeria) is up around the 7 mark. Not the usual stuff though.

Guess that's why I had trouble getting hold of it :) Great stuff though: it seems really "malty" compared to the original Guinness.

Everyone at work raves about Sailor Jerry at work, but can't say I've tried the stuff.

I'm a big fan of Morgans Spiced and as a good Russian friend of mine said when he first tried it - it is like a dessert!

I'm a big fan of Morgans Spiced

Very similar. Sailor is stronger though. With orange it tastes like a super-split ice-pop (not sure if you get those over yonder).

I discovered Sailor Jerry about five or six years ago (managed one of the first few dozen liquor stores to stock it). They've raised the price substantially but back in the day it was cheaper than the Captain, tasted better, was smoother, and had about 35% more alcohol... now that it's kind of become the luxury spiced rum, it's now on par with or pricier than the Captain but worth it IMO.

When I went to Mexico (barely - we went to Tijuana) the coppers approaching the border made us down it before we re-entered the US. Fine by us.

:lol: Oh the heartless bastards. Bureaucracy FTW!

• 1 month later...

Back home now and settling in from an emotional day seeing off my good mate and fellow Villan of 30 odd years.

I'm going to get wankered now and remember him through bleary eyes with Stella and a bottle of claret into the early hours.

RIP mucker, it was an absolute pleasure knowing you, you'll be missed.

Whitley Neill Gin & Fever Tree tonic.

G&T drinkers - Tesco, Sainsburys and Waitrose do Fever Tree. It's pretty smart with Aldi Cromwell, amazing with Bombay Sapphire and with Whitley Neill it's the booze of the gods.

Â