What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

22 minutes ago, il_serpente said:

Nice.  Beautiful area.   A good friend had a house in Graton.  I used to go up for the weekend of the Wine Country Century bike ride in the early 2000’s.  Didn’t do any tasting then as we were too tired after the ride, but used to go tasting (and buying) in Sonoma and Napa counties regularly in the late ‘90s.

Pinot is my favorite red.  I’ll probably drink Cab with the Christmas duck, though.  I have a few bottles of good Cab around and don’t drink it much with meals because I don’t eat red meat.   Duck is one of the few things I eat that’s really a good match with a Cab..

image.png.8b7d0f20768d26bcc4df23cb35df8dfb.png

Duck!! My favorite restaurant joke ! (you have to be there)

11 minutes ago, bickster said:

Well I've just managed to squeeze two beers in the fridge for when I get home from work... another day, hey ho, hey ho.....

Keeping the country going Bicks, whilst the rest of us sit on our arse getting fat and lazy 

• Like 1

I treat myself to a whisky beer every Christmas Eve and tonight it's this one (a personal favourite):

Father Christmas has told my son he wants a nice whisky left out for him so he'll be enjoying this one:

OrkneyDarkIslandReserve.jpg

irish_wat7.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bickster said:

Right, Next up

Fruju, a NEIPA  by The Big Smoke Brew Co from somewhere in Shandyland (Surrey). 4.9% and its distinctly average. Its not horrible or anything but it's probably more of a summer drink for me

BI1FZZBE-1.jpg?1601036027

Those low alcohol beers rarely hit the mark

I've had a couple of beers, Wainwright Golden Beer. 

I'd like a whisky, Christmas Eve is surely a time for a Whisky? 

Only problem is I haven't got any and I would wager there is a bottle or 2 wrapped up for me somewhere under that tree. 

I just buy most stuff I want when I want to so Christmas and my January birthday are a real ball ache thinking about presents so Whisky is just a real easy thing to ask for. 

Same way I don't buy any Book or CD or DVD* in the latter part of the year so I can put it on my list. 

* I haven't put a DVD on my list for a couple of years as there is literally nothing I've liked enough to want to own. 

Â