What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

Bought the ingredients for an 'Old Fashioned' cocktail (pic) yesterday and despite it being about 1pm, just had to try them all out :)  Canadian Club whisky, Angostura bitters, demerara sugar (optional, normal will do) and the rest I had (water, ice, lemon and/or orange peel).  All very sophisticated :P and quite lovely.

I've been desperate to have an 'Old Fashioned' ever since I started watching Mad Men. I just haven't found myself in the appropriate situation.

I need to invest in a good suit first.

000712.jpg

working from home tomorrow......

Theeee most disgusting thing known to man. Have been lucky enough to travel to the Caribbean a few times, and on each occasion they were giving this stuff away with the rooms. Took a swig & decided it was inhumanely awful so I topped it up with tea and brought it back as a gift for a mate.

I've been desperate to have an 'Old Fashioned' ever since I started watching Mad Men. I just haven't found myself in the appropriate situation.

I need to invest in a good suit first.

It was actually 'Crazy, Stupid Love' with Steve Carell & Ryan Gosling where I first saw it* and thought 'that looks like a nice cocktail'.

* The bit where Gosling gets Stone back to his gaf

Ah, it's Don Draper's drink of choice in Mad Men. There is a great scene in which he goes behind a bar at a wedding reception (while talking to who he thinks is an old bar man, but turns out to be Conrad Hilton) and makes an Old Fashioned.

Edited by CarewsEyebrowDesigner

• 2 weeks later...

Ah, it's Don Draper's drink of choice in Mad Men. There is a great scene in which he goes behind a bar at a wedding reception (while talking to who he thinks is an old bar man, but turns out to be Conrad Hilton) and makes an Old Fashioned.

I just watched that now. He doesn't make it quite right. He doesn't take a peel of an orange or lemon skin and fold the zest into the glass and use it as garnish :-)

Excellent!

My favourite line is: We lost the farm and ended up in coal country.

Sounds like a line from a Springsteen song.

Edited by MakemineVanilla

000712.jpg

working from home tomorrow......

Theeee most disgusting thing known to man. Have been lucky enough to travel to the Caribbean a few times, and on each occasion they were giving this stuff away with the rooms. Took a swig & decided it was inhumanely awful so I topped it up with tea and brought it back as a gift for a mate.

Next time try the Extra Gay

Â