What's your tipple this evening then?

coda

Off the Wychwood Brewery today for a tour. Gonna drink me some HobGoblin.

They had that in my local yesterday on tap, I live in South Carolina, first time I've ever seen it on draft here in 15 years. Needless to say I got stuck right the **** in.

• Like 1

Off the Wychwood Brewery today for a tour. Gonna drink me some HobGoblin.

They had that in my local yesterday on tap, I live in South Carolina, first time I've ever seen it on draft here in 15 years. Needless to say I got stuck right the **** in.

It was excellent, we had a tour of the brewery, which is quite small really, but they can produce a lot of beer. Your Hobgoblin is hand crafted, ie, it isn't monitored and measured by machine but by the brewer, every time. 

At the end we got to taste all the different beers they produce, they're excellent!

Brewdog are feckin excellent. Craft beer brewers extraordinaire.

<<<<<<<<<<  Hence my avatar.

Dead pony club is gorgeous too. 5 am Saint also. They don't do much that isn't superb.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Some amazing local beers in the co op. Wye Valley Brewery beers are amazing, particularly HPA and Dorothy Goodbody country ale. Battle down, Cheltenham Spa special is also a favourite.

Anyone been to any Camra beer festivals? I've been to 2 this year and loved them, going to Moreton in Marsh in late September.

• 2 weeks later...

Some good beer on show here folks. That Youngs' Double Chocolate Stout is the second best stout I've had. The best is Hook Norton's double stout.

Midlands beers don't make it much down Saaaarf, which is sad because the mainstay beers of the South-East are, largely, shit. Wye Valley's HPA is one of my faves.

Brew Dog are really making this American-style IPA revolution almost.....good! That Meantime light IPA on nitro tap is making it's way across London quickly, and is one of my personal choices here at the moment.

Also, sorry leemond but that is not beer.

I've had a can of SB once. I really felt I was drinking windowlene.

These are my best friends tonight

132610.jpg

I thought only the homeless drank this? 

The homeless and Winston Churchill, I fancied a decent drink tonight but I'm skint, I actually quite enjoy a can or 2 of it and its alright as long as you treat it with respect

The drink was created by the Carlsberg Brewery in 1950 to celebrate the visit of Winston Churchill to Copenhagen, following the Danish tradition of producing a new beer for special national

occasions. Knowing of the great man’s fondness for cognac, the Carlsberg brewers managed to infuse the lager with some of that brandy flavour, hence the special taste. When he returned to

Britain, Carlsberg sent two crates of Special Brew to his London address. Always a man of judgment and taste, Churchill seems to have liked the drink, which he called ‘Commemoration

Lager’ in a letter of thanks to the brewery. By the time Winston was fighting his last parliamentary election in 1959, production of Carlsberg Special was under way in Britain at the

firm’s Northampton plant. If Special Brew was good enough for Winston Churchill, it is certainly good enough for the rest of us.

Â