Israel, Palestine and Iran

Swerbs

30 minutes ago, a-k said:

In what world are they second class citizens? They hold equal rights and are fully integrated into society. Never mind the fact they enjoy more freedom of life choices in Israel than they would in Gaza or the West Bank...

The Nation State Law passed in 2018.

The right to exercise national self-determination in the State of Israel is unique to the Jewish people.

The state views the development of Jewish settlement as a national value and will act to encourage and promote its establishment and consolidation.

Edited by chrisp65
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, bickster said:

Yep, one TikTok account speaks for an entire nation

But it's not one sided is it? This is the equivalent of the Brexit loving lot doing TikTok. It's Trump's supporter's making America Great Again. It depicts a significant people in Israel - taking the piss.

Are people talking about the same things here?

There are Israeli Arabs (about 2m) who have full Israeli citizenship, all the same rights as Israeli Jews (though they are exempt from being required to do military service), can vote for whoever they want in elections, have parties in the government representing their interests etc.

Then there are the Palistinians who live in Gaza and the West Bank and do not have Israeli citizenship but are held in a form of stateless apartheid. 

It feels like @OutByEaster? was talking about the first group and people’s response have been in relation to the second?

Edited by LondonLax
  • Like 4

On 26/10/2023 at 06:59, Tumblerseven said:

Uh oh Jewish conspiracy theories here we go. Whats next? Soros? jews control media? world economic forum? go ahead dont be shy.

Your follow up question :)trying to paint me as outsider who is not interested in the team here read this. Othering is the process of portraying someone as fundamentally different from or inferior to the group they belong to. It can involve emphasizing perceived differences in race, ethnicity, nationality, beliefs, or other factors to create a sense of "us" versus "them." thats exactly what you just did using villa i think thats disgusting. The point of this tactic to alienate person from the group so everyone can gang up and push that person out . nice try not gonna work.

Yes yes my first language is not English you want to shame me for that seriously go ahead? i think im trying my best and i think my statements are pretty clear and understandable.

It puts you on the list? :D yah dude you are "very important". 

I think your comment is like actually disgusting shame on you.

This is the funniest response I've ever received after nearly 20 years of VT so thanks for that!

FYI I did work arts fund raising work with Jonathon Soros in New York (one of George's sons) - he's a very nice guy. So sadly you picked you wrong person to throw the "you must be a Soros conspiracy theorist" thing at.

Your own words are (it's so pathetic I can't believe I'm pasting it.)

nice try not gonna work.

The rest of your diatribe is too inane to dissect. But I have been reading this forum since 2004. You show up, and I've never seen you post in ANY other subject, let alone Villa. Only this thread. I thought it was pretty obvious you must be working for the Israeli government in some capacity. If you take that as me trying to "other you" then you have a pretty severe persecution complex. It's also interesting that you don't actually deny it or answer any of the questions I asked you.

is like actually disgusting shame on you.

This reads like, you are actually like a Valley Girl. Lol.

• Like 4

23 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

What? Are you suggesting that Israel acts with impunity, kills who it wants, and thumbs it's nose at international law?

You're an antisemite Sir and I will collect my £200

20 hours ago, magnkarl said:

I think this sort of statement does mar the actual AS happening around Western societies atm. because of Israel's actions, just like I think Israel's hyperbolic use of AS as a weapon against legitimate criticism is terribly marring. 

Believe me, there's plenty of AS going on in countries that have nothing to do with Benny or Israel, and it's mostly being fluffed off by statements like the one  you just made.

My post was aimed at the issue you outline below.

just like I think Israel's hyperbolic use of AS as a weapon against legitimate criticism is terribly marring.

It was not in any way meant to delegitimize or lessen the seriousness of AS happening in certain Western societies.

Believe me, there's plenty of AS going on in countries that have nothing to do with Benny or Israel,

Yes, I agree. 

My point was glib and somewhat trite, but it was aimed at the Israeli leadership that does not want to move towards peace. In the face of any criticism they reel out AS which is (rightly) a serious charge. IMO this actually weakens their position, making them the bully. My post was not in any way meant to "fluff off" AS in societies where it is rife and abhorrent.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Tumblerseven said:

What do you think my position about Netanyahu and settlers and Zionism is?  Can you tell me?

Couldn't actually care less going on the hyperbole of the past few days  - what do you think about what Baroness Warsi said?

22 minutes ago, Tumblerseven said:

What do you think my position about Netanyahu and settlers and Zionism is?  Can you tell me?

It would be very interesting to hear you explain your thoughts on this, genuinely. A lot of the perspectives on here are from a uk based, English as a first language kind of view. A broader, or different take would be thought provoking, if you have the time.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, choffer said:

An interesting read, this one:

I can't read your thread because X. But it's a really really important point to remember in my humble opinion. what is said in those opening 2 paragraphs. It's too easy to write people off. I remember chatting to a South African policeman in London many many years ago, just after the downfall of the apartheid there and he was telling me things like I've been through school and graduated the police academy being taught that the Black people in their country were second rate human beings, beneath the whites in every conceivable way from nursery to adulthood. To his credit he was travelling the world having retired from the police trying to see for himself how multiculturalism actually materialised around the world. One of the most fascinating conversations I have ever had in my life. He admitted to beating and torturing people and he couldnt live with it if everything he had been taught turned out to be fallacious.

The same point rings true of course for any of the children growing up under these extreme conditions. The normalisation of barbarous extremeism cuts both ways.

• Like 2

The hospital bombing media reaction and PR influence of both parties will be studied for years. It turns out it was an Israeli munition, not targeted, but if Israel don't know it was theirs, or even if they know it was theirs - they as usual have once again lied. 

23 minutes ago, Jareth said:

The hospital bombing media reaction and PR influence of both parties will be studied for years. It turns out it was an Israeli munition, not targeted, but if Israel don't know it was theirs, or even if they know it was theirs - they as usual have once again lied. 

Your man in the thread there is still claiming it was a failed Hamas rocket that hit the hospital. He seems to believe however that some of the video evidence might be capturing Israeli missile defence rather than the rocket from the hospital. 

2 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

Your man in the thread there is still claiming it was a failed Hamas rocket that hit the hospital. He seems to believe however that some of the video evidence might be capturing Israeli missile defence rather than the rocket from the hospital. 

You're right - it's muddled. But it shows without the clout of intelligence agencies, that the media story being peddled was BS. 

Â