Israel, Palestine and Iran

Swerbs

Bloomberg

President Joe Biden is considering a supplemental request of approximately $100 billion that would include defense assistance for Israel and Ukraine alongside border security funding and aid to nations in the Indo-Pacific, including Taiwan, according to people familiar with the matter.

They veto the resolution for a temporary ceasefire to allow aid in, and then given Israel a $99.999999bn (the rest for Ukraine) voucher to spend in the WeaponsAre.US store.

These guys are hilarious.

And quite frankly, shoulder the largest share of the blame in this entire saga.  Closely followed by our very own cretins.  Even more so than the Israeilis and Palestinians.

1 hour ago, Thug said:

Not for Morgan though, watch it for the Egyptian guy.

He's quite frankly sensational.

sensational clown maybe.

Accusatory treating the show like its his own. Assuming Piers positions. Talks to piers likes he is american. Unprofessional rude swearing and shouting at an interviewer.

If thats a good performance then i am ballerina.

In unrelated news to the tweet on the previous page which I mostly wrote off

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2023/10/20/terrorist-attack-in-uk-linked-to-gaza/

An asylum seeker bent on avenging deaths in Gaza has carried out a suspected terrorist attack in Britain, The Telegraph can disclose.

The public has not been told that the man, who came to the UK in 2020, told police he had done it for “Palestine”.

MPs said on Friday night that the public had a right to know, amid warnings that demonstrations this weekend could encourage so-called lone-wolf terrorist attacks. 

This is the editor of the Jewish Chronicle. I think he's got it wrong, and I'm not sure if this position is strategic as a media player, or born of fear and distress over recent events. Or something in between. But how is it helpful to anyone? 

3 hours ago, Jareth said:

It's just another situation where the exact story cannot be established and perhaps never can be, but we all look at these things in the round and make our own minds up

No. I think it’s a really bad idea to make your mind up about an incident when we don’t know the facts of an incident.  You (or I) can validly say or accept “an unknown number of people were maimed and killed when a piece of ordnance exploded in a hospital car park, and that’s horrific”. But if we make our mind up on who’s ordnance it was, and whether it was deliberate/an accident/an intercepted rocket/whatever based on a lack of clear evidence and the various propaganda out there, then we’re not being smart, we’re being manipulated, or falling victim to our own prejudices (I don’t mean racial, I mean preconceived views on one side or the other) and sympathies perhaps?

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, blandy said:

No. I think it’s a really bad idea to make your mind up about an incident when we don’t know the facts of an incident.  You (or I) can validly say or accept “an unknown number of people were maimed and killed when a piece of ordnance exploded in a hospital car park, and that’s horrific”. But if we make our mind up on who’s ordnance it was, and whether it was deliberate/an accident/an intercepted rocket/whatever based on a lack of clear evidence and the various propaganda out there, then we’re not being smart, we’re being manipulated, or falling victim to our own prejudices (I don’t mean racial, I mean preconceived views on one side or the other) and sympathies perhaps?

Honestly, I don’t agree. It’s about the odds for me. By all means abstain in the face of confusion but failing to take a stance serves very little purpose too. 

11 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Honestly, I don’t agree. It’s about the odds for me. By all means abstain in the face of confusion but failing to take a stance serves very little purpose too. 

It’s sometimes years with these incidents, years of finding layers of the onion to peel back, to see who did what when and why.

Shooting down passenger planes, funding of 9/11, it’s years before we see something definitive. There will be people picking over it for facts. You can choose to believe them or not obviously. But it’s almost not worth getting hung up on the detail of one incident. It can become a diversion from the thousand other wounds inflicted.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

It’s sometimes years with these incidents, years of finding layers of the onion to peel back, to see who did what when and why.

Shooting down passenger planes, funding of 9/11, it’s years before we see something definitive. There will be people picking over it for facts. You can choose to believe them or not obviously. But it’s almost not worth getting hung up on the detail of one incident. It can become a diversion from the thousand other wounds inflicted.

I agree, it’s an incident already relegated to the past - I’ve chalked it down to one side based on likelihood, always could be wrong but it’s where I’m at. Onto the next outrage. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Talk that Israel have text everyone with a phone in Gaza today with a message that tells them that if they're still in the North they will be considered a terrorist.

I'm guessing the troops will be going in pretty soon.

Well that ought to justify the imminent war crimes.

6 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think we should be careful about accusing Israel of being extremely accurate in their bombing.

Unless we're saying they've targeted and hit over a hundred medical facilities, dozens of residential buildings, churches, refugee camps and schools deliberately?

That is exactly what I’m saying, though. You don’t bomb the theatre in Mariupol full of children by mistake, or level high rises in Gaza on a whim. It takes kit and skill.

The explosion in the parking lot looks more like a bad mlrs-misfire.

Edited by magnkarl

15 minutes ago, magnkarl said:

That is exactly what I’m saying, though. You don’t bomb the theatre in Mariupol full of children by mistake, or level high rises in Gaza on a whim. It takes kit and skill.

The explosion in the parking lot looks more like a bad mlrs-misfire.

Or a very well aimed device to eliminate someone in that car park - that they've then backed away from because of the collateral damage - maybe.

Regardless, as said elsewhere it's one of many and we shouldn't let it take too much of the focus away for the things that are still happening now.

There are unconfirmed reports tonight of 130 babies in incubators in imminent danger as the last of the power goes.

Also, if that's exactly what you're saying, you're reporting war crimes.

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

If so, where is the crater from the high explosive that Israeli missiles use?

There's some substantial analysis in one of the tweets further back in this thread that suggests the type of device used and suggests it came from the opposite direction to the Hamas missiles.

I'm fairly certain that the Israelis have more than one type of weapon. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Genie said:

Sorry if already covered, does anyone know what Biden/ The US said to get their 2 hostages released by Hamas? It must have been something pretty persuasive.

I think it's probably why they've allowed some aid in today through the Rafah crossing.

• Thanks 1

Â