Israel, Palestine and Iran

Swerbs

51 minutes ago, Chindie said:

The tension build up with Iran appears to be so artificial not even the press, usually salivating for some good war action, can be barely arsed with it. Bolton must be furious. Cockteased his ultimate fantasy and nobody is running with it. His bollocks will be indigo.

Bolton's problem is that he is still using the old cold warrior playbook where shenanigans would only come to life long after facts on the ground had changed. If they figure out how to master this, then we should worry.

It's a little different over here. NYT/CNN etc., are all onboard with the regime change game in Vene.. and Iran too. So many over here still think the world is America, all the while change is occurring so, so fast.

How Israeli spies are flooding Facebook and Twitter

Israel secretly operates a troll army of thousands, partly funded by a government department.

The Ministry of Strategic Affairs is dedicated to a global “war” against BDS, the boycott, divestment and sanctions movement for Palestinian rights.

To conceal its involvement, the ministry has admitted to working through front groups that “do not want to expose their connection with the state.”

The troll army Act.IL is one of many such groups. It focuses on spreading Israeli propaganda online.

What does it do with its million dollar budget?

Act.IL is run by a former Israeli spy who has argued that his outfit is involved in “a new kind of war.”

While Act.IL publicly denies being supported by the Israeli government, the group’s chief executive has admitted in Hebrew to working closely with Israeli ministries, and in English that his staff are mostly former Israeli spies.

Hmm . . .

A diplomat carrying half a ton of explosives! Maybe going to blow up Paris! This is high drama stuff! But, wait a moment . . .

*thinks*

. . . 'The British newspaper 'Independent in Arabic' eh? Doesn't sound very British 🤔

Oh, look:

If you click on that tweet, you will see that 'The Independent in Arabic' is using the same logo and masthead as the Independent. Yet it is owned by the Saudi royal family, and appears to just belch out Saudi propaganda. Are journalists at The Independent aware of this? Are they happy about it? How is it not a scandal?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

If you click on that tweet, you will see that 'The Independent in Arabic' is using the same logo and masthead as the Independent. Yet it is owned by the Saudi royal family, and appears to just belch out Saudi propaganda. Are journalists at The Independent aware of this? Are they happy about it? How is it not a scandal?

They probably are, but, mortgages. It's a harsh world. Hardly any good jobs, and when you're in there it's a **** up world. Egos, lies, horrid gossip against good people, protecting bad people cos of "mates", not running stories on Tories cos of "mates", and funny **** handshakes from the editor to a Tory MP.

My experience 👍

13 minutes ago, choffer said:

You cannot be Syrias

Iran a mile when I saw the gulf in the quality of puns. Iraq my brain for any more, but can only think of dubai ous ones.

• Haha 2

17 hours ago, blandy said:

Iran a mile when I saw the gulf in the quality of puns. Iraq my brain for any more, but can only think of dubai ous ones.

I suspect you've run out of puns now.  Emirate?

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

I thought it was widely known and accepted that history tends to be written by the winners.

Three things on that.

Widely known, yes.

Accepted?  As fact, yes, as what should happen, no.  Don't all societies and cultures place a value on truth over propaganda?  Other than the groups within them who suppress it for their own advantage, of course.

Last, we present a picture of caring about objective truth.   For example, many government records are uncovered after 30 years even if they will be embarrassing, and we parade this as a sign of our open society.    Many people believe that is what happens, and would be shocked and dismayed to find out about our practices regarding torture, for example.  Possibly less surprised to find out about Israel.

• Like 1

Â