Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Leeds

limpid

Match Polls  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 20/04/18 at 18:45

13 minutes ago, Spoony said:

God that was awful.

No. It was pretty good in the first half, less so in the second and we saw it out professionally.

See how you don't have to see it negatively? That's maybe just your instinctive reaction. It wasn't all that bad was it?

We won pretty comfortably in my opinion.

Edited by Lerner's Driver
  • Like 2

A good 3 points which at least puts the pressure on Fulham and Cardiff.

However, we were pretty poor, its just Leeds were worse. Play like that in the playoffs and it will all be over after the 1st leg.

People may say that games like that happen in this league, that only the result matters, but they have happened so many times this seasons for us, and its evidence of a weakness - the inability to make sometimes even the most basic passes. We revert far too easily to aimless punts or deep crosses to nobody.

It has cost us already this season, and we need to make sure it doesnt cost us again at the most crucial time.

Edited by andym
  • Like 2

9 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Good win. 

Bizarrely, if you were following the Villatalk thread, you would think we were being totally outplayed and losing the game.

The Snodgrass hatefest I particularly didn’t get. I thought he had a good game.

I’ve made him MOTM just to thumb my nose at the negative ones.

Me neither, but it's just VT I suppose. He made some mistakes, but also served up quality passes, like the one to Grabban that he really should've buried.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

No. It was pretty good in the first half, less so in the second and we saw it out professionally.

See how you don't have to see it negatively? That's maybe just your instinctive reaction. It wasn't all that bad was it?

I thought it  was awful to watch but I appreciate your psychoanalysis and lessons on how to view a game as you do.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We did enough. First half was so dominant and too easy. Second half was slow to get going but Leeds never really posed a threat. 

We were wasteful in attack, and should have won by 3 or 4 really. 

Snoddy looks like he’ll be glad of over a week without a game. Should have subbed him instead of Grabban. Adomah looked more lively. Grabban took his goal well. Grealish is a wizard at this level. 

Bonus getting 65 minutes from Kodjia, hopefully get him firing for the playoffs. 

10 minutes ago, Lerner's Driver said:

Just another way to view things fella. Helps to fend off the depression.

1 minute ago, stegzy said:

Grealish. 10. Unbelievable. Some of the things he does are just unreal and have me just shaking my head. I think he’s my favourite player for Villa in my 25 years of supporting them. MOTM in all but 1 of the matches since he’s come back.

Okay - I love Jack and his talent exceeds the rest of the team combined but he was pretty poor tonight by his recent standards. If that's 10/10 then he's been doing 15/10 in recent games !!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Cizzler said:

Oh come off it. We’re 4th in the league, guaranteed play offs and still in with a shout of automatics with 3 games to go.

It wasn’t a fantastic display by all means, but we dominated. Had several good chances and they didn’t have any.

What was it? 5th game in 13 days? Stealing a living? That’s a joke surely 

Maybe a bit harsh. I just watched his interview and he really is a good bloke but the truth is, I just do not enjoy watching Villa anymore. With the resources he has, we should be much better. He is scared of everyone we play despite all the advantages we have. I think we could smash this league with a positive approach. 

He is a good guy. I want him to prove me wrong. I just don’t think he will!

• Like 3

Â