Ratings & Reactions: Villa v Leeds

limpid

Match Polls  

128 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 20/04/18 at 18:45

Snodders ?

I didn’t think it was one of his better games but he kept at it and his resurgence in the last twenty minutes was terrific.

Jack was sublime I could watch him all night.

Chester superb. Jedi And Whelan both uncompromising and in both cases actually used the ball pretty well.

• Like 2

Snodders ?

I didn’t think it was one of his better games but he kept at it and his resurgence in the last twenty minutes was terrific.

Chester superb. Jedi And Whelan both uncompromising and in both cases actually used the ball pretty well.

Snodders ?

Snodders ?

8 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

Maybe the day less break in the schedule had some impact on both teams, 3 games in 7 days for both of us rather than the usual 8 days and everyone seemed a bit lethargic other than Grabban who must have covered every single blade of grass on the pitch.

Before tonight we have only had 3 games in 7 days twice this season, Once over xmas/new year and the other occasion was mid august but Tuesday game that week was the league cup against wigan and a lot of the players were rested then anyway.

3 points is all that matters but some poor decision making up front and a good display from their keeper made it harder than it should have been

Indeed, I have always felt in the games 3 days following the previous that we are a little leggy and lacking energy, so any 3 points is welcome.

Might just be the Championship, might be that we aren't the fittest or youngest side. I don't think half the crowd can comprehend anything like fitness levels and managing a game, they just scream for more when we are comfortable as **** but not really going all out to blow a team away. Like I said, we were comfortable.

Another win, another clean sheet. Brilliant.

We could’ve won by more, but didn’t need to. I’m pleased. Subjectively this has felt like one of the best seasons for years and I’m enjoying it a lot, objectively I think it has been our best season for years.

• Like 1

Not as good a game to watch as Tuesdays.  Loads of effort from Snodgrass but not much result.  Total opposite of Wellan who I thought Terry like in the way he was in the right place to casually stick a food on the ball with out lots of running.  First half very good and should have scored more.  Second half first 20 minutes awful as the tactics we're to launch high balls in the direction of Kodga.  Could see Kodgas quality but he is not a one man team.  Saw similar tactics with same results when Benteke played. Once he came off the passing game resumed. Was worried about left back posion seeing Tailor start but was fine.  He did seem more intent on attacking than defending though.  Several times Grabham appeared to be covering that position.  The important thing is they played as a team.  

For the biggest disappointment was once again having a heated discussion with the carpark staff.   There seems to be a new company controlling the car park who jusify their role by causing problems so they can cure them.   As I travel with a disabled fan this is making me consider if it is worth attending games.

was at work, so watched it when I got home. We did enough and that's about all I can say about the game

If Fulham finish second. I can really see us winning the play offs, we not be playing great, But the other 3 teams are definitely worse

Edited by Robtaylor200

13 hours ago, richp999 said:

Really? 

Was at the ground tonight and followed him for 15 mins or so. Bloody awful. 

Strolled around completely uninterested, a total waste of space. 

Had a good 5 mins late in the second half. That's it. 

Edit-just for the record I don't hate him at all, thought he might be a top player when he first came.. But I think now he looks glad the season is over and can't wait to get back to spurs. 

I would have liked to see o'hare playing there tonight. 

Onomah was my man of the match. He had a very good game. I’m not sure what game you were watching. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I was in the Holte End

So was I.

Perhaps you spent the first half in the bar ?

I agree he had a decent last 20 mins or so, but before that, especially in the first half all I saw was him ambling about from left to right.

Every time we broke he hardly went charging up the field - in-fact he barely got past the halfway line.

Most attempted interceptions were half-arsed lunges which invariably went straight past him.

I like a player to show effort - can you honestly say he was working hard for the team ?

If he starts in the playoffs we are in trouble.

He's not going to be here next year, isn't bothered if we go up or not, and will be on the beech in couple of weeks  ; and you can tell.

Edited by richp999

21 minutes ago, richp999 said:

So was I.

Perhaps you spent the first half in the bar ?

I agree he had a decent last 20 mins or so, but before that, especially in the first half all I saw was him ambling about from left to right.

Every time we broke he hardly went charging up the field - in-fact he barely got past the halfway line.

Most attempted interceptions were half-arsed lunges which invariably went straight past him.

I like a player to show effort - can you honestly say he was working hard for the team ?

If he starts in the playoffs we are in trouble.

He's not going to be here next year, isn't bothered if we go up or not, and will be on the beech in couple of weeks  ; and you can tell.

He wouldn’t be my first choice. He doesn’t make our best XI. 

But at a time when we needed him to step in he did so and put in a very good performance. 

Credit to him. 

I'm of the opinion that you're both right.

I think overall he was switched on for longer than he was switched off last night, but he's frustrating in the way he's either all over it or completely disinterested. 

It was a 7/10 performance for me.

• Like 1

Â