• Grealish
    • Grabban
    • Hepburn-Murphy (Hourihane 54)
    • Adomah (Hogen 72)
    • Davis (Snodgrass 82)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/03/18 at 17:30

21 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Not the manager though ? Just asking.

Well he is part of it all yes.......He is the one who has to take responsibility.

but didn't see you pouring superlatives over him after the Wolves game, so its a bit rich, is it not?

Opportunism, would you say?

just a thought

was you as picky with Ron Saunders, when we got beat 3 times by Ipswich in '80/'81?

Edited by TRO

2 hours ago, TRO said:

Keith Andrews made a good point on sky when asked whats gone wrong with Villa.

He said "they have to rely too much on individual brilliance" not enough game plan.

That is exactly what many have said about this lot all season. 

5 minutes ago, TRO said:

Well he is part of it all yes.......He is the one who has to take responsibility.

but didn't see you pouring superlatives over him after the Wolves game, so its a bit rich, is it not?

Opportunism, would you say?

just a thought

was you as picky with Ron Saunders, when we got beat 3 times by Ipswich in '80/'81?

I certainly gave Bruce credit for the Wolves game, so no,  it's not rich, just a question , and Ron Saunders won us the league title, which, I'm pretty certain Bruce will never do, not even the Championship, unfortunately. 

As for the three defeats to Ipswich, which,  I attended incidentally, as gutted as I was, it wasn't like we were outplayed especially in the game at Villa park, and we had a determination about us, that I'm afraid we don't have now.

8 minutes ago, av1 said:

That is exactly what many have said about this lot all season. 

Not arguing with that.....we have to be clear what we mean by gameplan in what context.

I agree with the comment, but players have to work to execute one. They have to support the brilliant players by playing with fire and fight, not just rely on others.

e.g. i thought Jack was dwelling on the ball a bit too much, today and Tuesday, but I would forgive him because the running off the ball, was sparse and without conviction.

Its all a combination of factors.

8 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I certainly gave Bruce credit for the Wolves game, so no,  it's not rich, just a question , and Ron Saunders won us the league title, which, I'm pretty certain Bruce will never do, not even the Championship, unfortunately. 

As for the three defeats to Ipswich, which,  I attended incidentally, as gutted as I was, it wasn't like we were outplayed especially in the game at Villa park, and we had a determination about us, that I'm afraid we don't have now.

Well, the determination bit, I have to sadly agree with.

4 hours ago, vreitti said:

This is the problem. Everyone thought we can just show up for the rest of the season, seeing as we beat the almighty Wolves.

Not me,  the work ethic the tireless runs from midfield the never say die attitude was expected to be carried into these games. So not just turn up , mentally turn up too.

No one could see this although using jed 2 games in 3 days was asking for trouble and most said so at the time. Something as simple as that one thing i think has unsettled things. Also hogan getting further away from first team when he was heavily involved in the great run we had.

We conceded a goal due to sloppy defending and really never looked like scoring ourselves. The snow helped Bolton as did the officials but this was a second desperate performance within a week. They just wanted it more than us for some reason.:(

Awful conditions, but then Bolton had to play in them too. The ref I have no words for apart from shocking. My first away game for a while absolutey at a loss to what SB was trying to achieve in the second half, most interesting part was when it kicked off with the stewards, who seemed to be looking for a fight all game. 

Once again ...... good players, crap team, crap manager = frustrating failure !

We continue to be reliant on the likes of Grealish and Adomah to make things happen, without them we are lost, devoid of shape, devoid of style, devoid of tactical nous to beat average sides. We continue to be an 8th - 12th ranked team in this division which rises to 4th - 8th on a good day ..... aka a day when Grealish and Adomah play well !

Bruce is massively out of his depth with a squad like ours. He has all the ingredients in abundance but he simply can't bake to save his life.

If we make it via the play-offs then it will be despite Bruce's obvious failings rather than because of anything he has done. Either way, he absolutely must be relieved of his position as soon as the season finishes.

• Like 2

Lost for words I'm actually disgusted. Teams fighting for promotion should not be losing to lower league teams with half hearted performances. 

Ive said before, 110% or nothing, I'm well pissed yet again, thanks Villa.

• Like 1

its a simple game, if you have a good midfield you will win more games, 

thor was nothing but poor, 

bruce did the right thing in bringing off hourihane, great goal v blues, hat trick some time ago but thats your lot.

7 hours ago, John said:

We conceded a goal due to sloppy defending and really never looked like scoring ourselves. The snow helped Bolton as did the officials but this was a second desperate performance within a week. They just wanted it more than us for some reason.:(

Agree with all of that John. The goal and the conditions were crap, but Bolton just seemed more "up for it" which is worrying. 

I'm not even sure how much weight I'd attribute to home advantage. I don't think I've ever been to a stadium with such a poor home support. There was about 100 fans in the corner of the Nat Lofthouse stand trying to make a bit of noise, beyond that, nothing. 

It was almost like a home game in that regard. 

for me that's 2 games on the trot that SB has started with the wrong 11 and wrong tactics and made poor if not baffling changes throughout the games.

He himself has admitted that he should have changed the starting 11 against QPR because the lads were tired in training but 'feared a fans backlash' if he changed it...

With each passing moment SB gets lower and lower in my estimation.  I Mean the mans balls must have vanished if 'fan backlash' is preventing from not playing tired players... Muppet

On 3/17/2018 at 19:29, jackbauer24 said:

No desire. We played in same conditions as Bolton but from minute one they wanted it more.

Rarely this season have we been outplayed, but very regularly we are out fought. I don't really think the players care. I wish there was a stat for second balls won, we'd be  relegation team.

But season finished til Playoffs after QPR, this game doesn't matter. Might as well just protect the better players now.

Our players are good at somethings and not at others, thats what this level of football brings.....we need a few more players in the squad who are renowned for fight and desire.....we change things, but nothing changes.

9 hours ago, flashingqwerty said:

for me that's 2 games on the trot that SB has started with the wrong 11 and wrong tactics and made poor if not baffling changes throughout the games.

He himself has admitted that he should have changed the starting 11 against QPR because the lads were tired in training but 'feared a fans backlash' if he changed it...

With each passing moment SB gets lower and lower in my estimation.  I Mean the mans balls must have vanished if 'fan backlash' is preventing from not playing tired players... Muppet

I don't think we have the players in the squad to change it, to fix the problem.

its all well and good picking a different eleven, but i don't believe it would make any difference.

He is trying to protect the players......they don't have to qualities to fight and scrap.

That is down to him....he should have a more rounded squad.

Â