• Grealish
    • Grabban
    • Hepburn-Murphy (Hourihane 54)
    • Adomah (Hogen 72)
    • Davis (Snodgrass 82)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 24/03/18 at 17:30

Its a disappointing result but some of the comments in here are embarrassing to be honest.

2 bad results over 5 days and the players suddenly don't care and Bruce doesn't know what hes doing.

Get a grip please.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Why did we have 4 forwards on the pitch at the end. Might as well have given up as we couldnt keep the ball to attack with those tactics. This is why O'Hare should at least be on the bench. 

• Like 2

Goes back to the poor decision to use jed against qpr instead of BB then uses BB against the more direct physical team as he now has to use BB.

We were poor and that is literally 6 points EVERYONE thought were in the bag, thrown away.

Im not sure there is a way to claw back 10 points at this late stage. 

Looks like we are fluffing it at the end game wasting the entire seasons work.

Sort it out terry and Bruce

And taking off snoddy and adomah ? Davis and hepbern murphy did less than nothing. Both no running tracking back pressing tackling or jumping.

Hull next i cant see where its going if im honest.

Disappointed is an understatement 

• Like 3

2 difficult teams that know how to handle clubs at the top. Definitely bottled it but could have been very different, Bolton could/should have had 9 men by half time. Their keeper has had a great game too. 

8 games left, think 2nd place has gone now but Cardiff are capable of bottling it too so you never know. International break has come at the right time that's for sure

• Like 2

Finished the game with 4 strikers on the pitch. Utterly shapeless and insipid. A kid who hasn't scored a professional goal, an oafish kid who has scored 2 in about 20, a striker who's scored at a rate of 1 in 7 and a poacher who doesn't offer anything else. This may have been a different season had Kodjia been fit.

We're 8 points ahead of  Bristol City in 7th who have hit a purple patch. Honestly with 8 games remaining and defeats against two of the worst sites in the league, we may just miss out on the play offs. If we hang in there, a team like Fulham will dismantle us. 

Future is looking grim. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, brummybloke said:

We were poor and that is literally 6 points EVERYONE thought were in the bag, thrown away.

This is the problem. Everyone thought we can just show up for the rest of the season, seeing as we beat the almighty Wolves.

• Like 1

A complete and utter bottle job. The players flopped yet again. 

No passion no fight complete bottlers. I said they bottled it at QPR and got lambasted for it. Today confirmed it. No fight whatsoever

Useless rocket polishers

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, macandally said:

Looks like we thought the season ended when we beat Wolves, deserved nothing, go nothing.

As gutless a performance as you will see.

I think you make a good point.

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

A complete and utter bottle job. The players flopped yet again. 

No passion no fight complete bottlers. I said they bottled it at QPR and got lambasted for it. Today confirmed it. No fight whatsoever

Useless rocket polishers

Just in case you were wondering @Demitri_C I'm blaming you for this one as well. 

#Demout 

No heart. No fight. No desire. Bolton wanted it much more and had far more determination. We were tremendously sloppy in possession and were always under pressure from Bolton. We win the games where we hunt teams down, press the opposition and have a good shape across the park. We did none of that this evening. When you lose the midfield you invariably lose the game and we were easily  beaten in the midfield today. Bruce’s substitutions were out of sheer desperation and, as such, the team had absolutely no shape or plan and it all turned to shit. We played into Bolton’s hands tonight and we look a shadow of the team that convincingly beat Wolves a week ago.

I’ve has my doubts about second place all season. We’ve spent a day or two there at most and we always have some spectacular fall from grace around the corner. Need to turn things around and quick else the play offs will be hard to stay in. That said, I can’t see us getting past the teams that are likely to be there. 

Edited by roonst83

7 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

Its a disappointing result but some of the comments in here are embarrassing to be honest.

2 bad results over 5 days and the players suddenly don't care and Bruce doesn't know what hes doing.

Get a grip please.

Tbh Bruce has never actually known what he's doing. He stumbles onto things that seem to work for a while, then it's back to this clueless hoofing. We just have superior players to most teams, and when they are up for it, we manage to scrape some wins. It's seldom convincing though, and we do not have any system whatsoever. Days like today highlights that.

• Like 2

You have to grind out results at this point of the season.....the problem for me is, we have talent, but not the battling qualities, we get taken out far too easily.

Wolves got thrashed but immediately bounced back.......this had all the traits of Tuesday night.

This team of ours lack the necessary aggression to compete in games like this.

At a loss for words in the night and day performances produced by this lot of players. This time last week on top of the world, this week feels like we’re facing a fight for a playoff place. 

Ending the game with no midfield and 4 strikers was ridiculous! We need to buck up our ideas and fast. This will be a long international break. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, macandally said:

Looks like we thought the season ended when we beat Wolves, deserved nothing, go nothing.

As gutless a performance as you will see.

I think you make a good point.

Â