Pre Match Chitty Chatty Bang Bang

TheAuthority

Bruce reverting to type possibly? When was the last time he surprised us with an attacking line-up when we have injuries. He goes too defensive when injuries kick in. He has more attacking options to use yet still plays it safe. Preston at home?

• Like 3

Hmmm... For all the money we've spent we look pretty toothless going forward with a couple of players out. Not seeing many goals in that team. I think Davis would be better suited as that team isn't creating chances for Hogan.

• Like 1

Grabban should be up to speed by now and should be on the left instead of BB. Really negative imo, at home in a game we have to win. Preston come here full of confidence and I think they'll make things incredibly deifficult tonight. I cant see anything other than a toothless display from us again.

3-0 Villa then

• Like 2

Just now, PieFacE said:

Hmmm... For all the money we've spent we look pretty toothless going forward with a couple of players out. Not seeing many goals in that team. I think Davis would be better suited as that team isn't creating chances for Hogan.

Bruce doesn't have faith in pairing higan and davis. He has countless opportunities to try them and hasnt

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Bruce doesn't have faith in pairing higan and davis. He has countless opportunities to try them and hasnt

I wouldn't play Hogan full stop to be honest. Would play Davis to try and get Hourihane / Snodgrass in some dangerous positions.

Just now, PieFacE said:

I wouldn't play Hogan full stop to be honest. Would play Davis to try and get Hourihane / Snodgrass in some dangerous positions.

Grabban is a goal scorer ,   Davis is not and for me grabban must be ahead of davis in the pecking line 

Not saying we should change shape and have 2 up top but keep the 4-1-4-1 and play Grabban off the left. Obvious solution to our lack of cutting edge that Bruce bemoaned after Fulham without sacrificing the formation that has served us so well. 

4 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

And 5 of them are on loan :D

Instead of BB on the left I’m reading that more as 4-3-3 with Onomah left wing, as at Fulham. If so, hopefully JO will have a much better game there than at Fulham! And if not, you’ve really got to hope that O’Hare comes into the picture soon.

Edited by Carlos_the_third