Pre Match Chitty Chatty Bang Bang

TheAuthority

Dreading it. Need a reaction. We did well against them at their place with Davis up top (best game he has played for us) so would be tempted to throw him in again or Grabben. We need to press the opposition when they have the ball and hound them. I think we need to up the tempo when we have the ball ourselves as that was seriously lacking today, although not having Grealish severely hampers our ability to counter attack quickly against teams. 

Big big game and important we bounce back, if possible, against another tough opponent.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, roonst83 said:

Dreading it. Need a reaction. We did well against them at their place with Davis up top (best game he has played for us) so would be tempted to throw him in again or Grabben. We need to press the opposition when they have the ball and hound them. I think we need to up the tempo when we have the ball ourselves as that was seriously lacking today, although not having Grealish severely hampers our ability to counter attack quickly against teams. 

Big big game and important we bounce back, if possible, against another tough opponent.

It was a good time to play them in November, they barely had a back 4 out at the time as all their main defenders were injured.

I do get the feeling it's probably time to throw Grabban in, two sub appearences now so he should be ready to start and last for an hour. Think that will be the big change for Tuesday, two upfront.

I can see it being a frustrating draw tbh, PNE don't lose many at all and are a tough team to play against as they have lots of energy in midfield and pace upfront.

• Like 1

I would go with the following:

Johnstone

Elmo   Chester    Terry   Hutton

Taunzebe   Bjarnason

Onomah*     Lansbury*   Snodgrass

Grabban

Subs: Bunn, Taylor, Jedinak, [Youth player/Onomah/Lansbury] Hourihane, Davis, Hogan.

* Fitness of Adomah & Grealish pending

Edited by AvfcRigo82
  • Like 1

Massive game, need a reaction. Cardiff arent going away like many seem to suggest. Hopefully we get a Jack Grealish shaped boost before the game. I know calf injuries vary in terms of how long you might be out but those beasts hopefully regenerate and double in size quickly.

Edited by BleedClaretAndBlue

I believe he saw we were short of creativity on the field on Saturday and that is the change he needs to make. I would have O'Hare on the bench as a minimum.

Looking at who might be fit:

Johnstone

Taunzebe   Chester    Terry   Hutton

Jedi            Bjarnason

Snodgrass  Hourihane   Onomah

Hogan

I'd even be tempted to put Gabby in place of Onomah, as he hasn't done much or even bring in RHM.

I'd play.

----------------Johnstone-----------------

-Elmo---Chester----Terry----Tuanzebe

-------------------------Thor-----------------------

-----------Hourihane------Ohare--------------

Snodgrass-----------------------Onomah

-------------------------Davis-------------------------

This is the side I want to see:

Johnstone

Tuanzebe Chester Terry Taylor

Snodgrass Hourihane Jedinak Green

Hogan Grabban

I don't expect to see that side but it is the one I would pick, it'll be interesting to see how we respond after our defeat yesterday, let's hope we bounce back

Edited by sir_gary_cahill
  • Like 1

I would go:

Johnstone

Tuanzabe Chester Terry Hutton

Bjarnasson

O'Hare Onamah Hourihane Snodgrass 

Hogan

Unless Elmo, Grealish or Adomah are fit in which case I would stick them back in.

Onomah is getting a fair bit of stick as usual but he seems to be coming on in games and playing on the wing, if he plays in the role Grealish has been playing we would get the best out of him.

Bjarnasson will provide some energy in the midfield which we will need without Adomah and Grealish tracking back as they have been doing this month.

The thread’s called the wrong thing, this could be a disaster!

I think I would ring the changes a little for this one, the setup didn’t work against Fulham and we can’t pretend it did. I would go:

Johnstone

Elmo.    Terry.   Chester.   Hutton

Thor

Snodgrass   Hourihane  Onomah

Grabban    Hogan

it’s been ages since we went two up top.

Edited by alreadyexists

Let's go back to the formation which the players were settled on and try and keep as many in their natural positions as possible.

Tuanzebe probably deserves another start at RB. Put Thor back in the DM slot and keep our fingers crossed that Jack is back.

There's arguments to give Lansbury and Grabban a start, but I'd try and avoid too many changes, in the hope we click back into gear with a more familiar feel about the team.

As for the problematic left wing position... I think it's time for a hero to rise to the challenge :trollface:

--------------------- Johnstone ------------------

Tuanzebe -- Chester -- Terry -- Hutton 

-------------------------- Thor -----------------------

Snoddy - Hourihane - Grealish - Gabby

------------------------ Hogan ----------------------

• Like 1

Johnstone

Tuanzebe Chester Terry Hutton

Jedinak

Snodgrass Hourihane Grealish/OHare Grabban

Hogan

• Like 1