Pre Match Chitty Chatty Bang Bang

TheAuthority

Ohare is not ready to start, but I'll be gutted not to see him on the bench to bring on for a half hour, maybe for onomah.

However it's the left We are going to have problms with as we usually play with real width, so shoehorning a central midfielder in won't work.

I'd be tempted to give Thor another go there as he's the only person I can see filling in medium term. It's his international position so he has it in his locker and hopefully the confidence gained in the first team can help. Not ideal but it's not an ideal situation.

I would go 

Johnstone

Tuanzebe     Chester         Terry       Hutton

Snodgrass    Thor     Hourihane    Onomah

Davis           Hogan

2 hours ago, Nigel said:

Ohare is not ready to start, but I'll be gutted not to see him on the bench to bring on for a half hour, maybe for onomah.

However it's the left We are going to have problms with as we usually play with real width, so shoehorning a central midfielder in won't work.

I'd be tempted to give Thor another go there as he's the only person I can see filling in medium term. It's his international position so he has it in his locker and hopefully the confidence gained in the first team can help. Not ideal but it's not an ideal situation.

He's playing for the u23s tonight so I doubt he will feature.

I think in line with what a few others have said regarding trying to keep as many players in their positions from our winning run, I'd go;

Johnstone

Elmo, Chester, Terry, Hutton

Snodgrass, Thor, Hourihane, Tuanzebe*

Grealish**

Hogan

* I thought Tuanzebe had a great game v Fulham but we may as well try to keep the Elmo/Snodgrass partnership on the right and Tuanzebe from what we saw would surely be a better option for us on the left than say Onomah?

** If Grealish isn't fit I'd go Davis up top with Hogan to start but a few subs for this depending on how the game goes could be;

Lansbury for Hourihane

Grabban for Hogan/Davis

O'Hare for Davis if 2nd striker option isn't working well (if Grealish isn't back)

This will be tough, hoping we can bounce back though..

28 minutes ago, Stevomanila said:

I think in line with what a few others have said regarding trying to keep as many players in their positions from our winning run, I'd go;

Johnstone

Elmo, Chester, Terry, Hutton

Snodgrass, Thor, Hourihane, Tuanzebe*

Grealish**

Hogan

* I thought Tuanzebe had a great game v Fulham but we may as well try to keep the Elmo/Snodgrass partnership on the right and Tuanzebe from what we saw would surely be a better option for us on the left than say Onomah?

** If Grealish isn't fit I'd go Davis up top with Hogan to start but a few subs for this depending on how the game goes could be;

Lansbury for Hourihane

Grabban for Hogan/Davis

O'Hare for Davis if 2nd striker option isn't working well (if Grealish isn't back)

This will be tough, hoping we can bounce back though..

Tuanzebe is versatile but he's not a left winger, even in extreme circumstances 

• Like 1

Depending on the nature of Jack's injury I wouldn't rush him back.  There are a lot of points still to win and we'll do more damage to our season if we rush him for a home game.  Preston are a good side but we handled them 2-0 in their own backyard without Grealish, and with Davis being fed by Onomah & Hourihane.  We've got those players at our disposal this time around so if needs be we can tailor our new line-up to suit that.  I think we win this to be honest.  Elsewhere, Cardiff have a sticky tie away to pragmatic Ipswich.  One for the purists there.  Derby home to a Leeds side just showing signs of life and Flum travel to the titties for a 6 pointer.  Tuesday looks like fun :)

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

PNE have only sold 600 which surprised me as they sold out last season.

How many tickets do away fans get?  Or to put it another way, what's the highest attendance we can get if the away team sell no tickets (and assuming a closed Upper Trinity)?

Our away allocations in the prem were 2,800. Think it's a bit less since relegation as part of the corner between Witton/North stand is closed off now below the big screen.

If you take out away, we have have 36k home tickets available.

Think tomorrow will be our lowest home attendance in the run in.

6 minutes ago, BOF said:

How many tickets do away fans get?  Or to put it another way, what's the highest attendance we can get if the away team sell no tickets (and assuming a closed Upper Trinity)?

Usually it will be about 30k

Cant play BB and jed in the same team from the start. So BB gets the defensive position.

Shouldnt play onomah

If grealish and adomah are out then for me

Ohare or if unavaiable lansbury and grabban.

Only dilemma then is right back.

Keep snod on right, keep everything the same. 

We need hard working skillful players starting or as close as we can get.

No passengers such as onomah should be starting and ultra defensive at home is a no.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, gilbertoAVFC said:

Birmingham Mail expecting Grealish to start... personally can't see it based on Bruce's quotes the other day and, to be honest, I'd prefer to have him on the bench at best if there is any element of risk whatsoever.

But then again, what do I know.

He did post a tweet of himself on the pitch which I thought was quite strange at the time. Maybe he was cryptically saying he's fit again?

• Like 2